B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

replacement front bumper choice...opinions desired

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 06:00 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: replacement front bumper choice...opinions desired

i would not get the reiger bumper by extreme dimensions. i have it and hate it. it fits bad and the fiberglass cracks if you lean on it too hard.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:43 PM
3rd Gear

With those rims, I'd still go with the S4 bumper. The S4 bumper makes the car look sleek, the Caractere bumper makes the car look almost dated and I don't think those rims would match well.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:18 AM

Ive got some of the same issue on my A$ IM gonna go with the aftermarket groundeffects Check em out they are awesome!

Old 06-26-2008, 12:19 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: JasonnosaJ

I got these prices from the Audi Mississauga dealer here in Ontario, Canada:
s4 front bumper (cover)....$792
s4 left and right front bumper side grills $81 each
s4 centre plate cover $40
s4 fog lights left and right $170 each
s4 bumper shocks left and right $75 each
s4 bumper bolts $7 each
.....and the grand finale is $1498 plus paint if its not possible to order them in the stock colour (not sure if they do that or not).
I'm pretty sure I can use my old shocks and bolts and save $165 but thats about it. I will check junkyards here, I'll probably have a little better luck than in the US, but even if this is what I must pay then I will. To each his own I guess...I wasn't really into performance mods in the first place until I came on this site and I really think a new bumper would significantly improve the look of the car. Also, I sure few will agree, but to me its much more of a waste to spend a couple hundred touching up the damage on my current bumper and still feeling unsatisfied about the look, than to fork out some money and be completely satisfied with my car. I'm a student so I'll be keeping this car as a dd for a while, and what I save on not buying a new car I can waste on this.[8D]

That price is a little high for the stock S4 bumper, but then you are in Canada.

How far are you from the border? You could always try calling some Audi dealers on this side of the border and see how much they want for the S4 bumper. Could be worth it going over there to get one.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:12 PM
1st Gear

When i got my S4 bumper it was 570? for the bumper and then you do need all new brakets and crap but it shouldnt be that high. i got a few things done at the same time but i think Bumper w/ parts & paint was like 1200ish.

Edit* And i would honestly get the S4 bumper, i still love looking at it. and you can go alot to the lower grills too, ive seen a few pictures of people changing up the lower grills and some look really good. My 2cents but i think it would be your best bet. Also look for a junkyard (theres one online but i dont know the site offhand, its like Dads or something weird) they might have a rear wrecked S4..

Old 06-26-2008, 04:51 PM
4th Gear

The S4 bumper should already come with the rebar when bought from the dealer. It can also be mounted on most of the stock A4 bumper shocks. So the only thing that is needed is the 2 side grills and fog lights if you plan on running them.

The last 2 OEM S4 bumpers I bought both came with the rebar.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:27 AM
1st Gear

IIltek is reall expensive. Call Rpi equipped in b.c they have really good prices for bumpers and shipping is also cheap. I got a rieger front bumper w/fogs for $481 bucks good deal if you ask me. Cheaper than stock.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:30 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, I pretty much agree with most of you guys; the s4 bumper will be my choice. I guess I just hadn't seen the caractere around and was considering new things, but I am already starting not to like it, so imagine years from now, if I was to buy it.
I'll definetly look into which parts I NEED for the s4 bumper, but great info.
That price is a little high for the stock S4 bumper, but then you are in Canada.

How far are you from the border? You could always try calling some Audi dealers on this side of the border and see how much they want for the S4 bumper. Could be worth it going over there to get one.
I am about an hour and a half from the border so a US purchase is definetly an option; however I can't really imagine getting a bumper past customs at the border to skip on duties and taxes...but I guess if I frind a price low enough...I kinda (ignorantly) assumed all dealer prices would be comparative...maybe I will try calling a few other dealers here too...as well as in the US

Old 06-28-2008, 10:57 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: JasonnosaJ

Yeah, I pretty much agree with most of you guys; the s4 bumper will be my choice. I guess I just hadn't seen the caractere around and was considering new things, but I am already starting not to like it, so imagine years from now, if I was to buy it.
I'll definetly look into which parts I NEED for the s4 bumper, but great info.

I am about an hour and a half from the border so a US purchase is definetly an option; however I can't really imagine getting a bumper past customs at the border to skip on duties and taxes...but I guess if I frind a price low enough...I kinda (ignorantly) assumed all dealer prices would be comparative...maybe I will try calling a few other dealers here too...as well as in the US

Would they say anything if you drive down to the dealer/shop to buy the bumper with no bumper on your car, install it while you are there and then drive back over the border? I mean at that point it is on the car not just sitting in the trunk/back seat.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:51 PM

Nice ASA rims. Go with the RS4 front bumper. It's a crowd favorite.

Quick Reply: replacement front bumper choice...opinions desired