B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

SeaFoam'ing a B5

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Default SeaFoam'ing a B5

Has anyone done this? What exactly will it help with? Why is it suddenly so popular?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-twYzjbuCR8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nv3IvEox2Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYNDMKfv4xA

Old 03-03-2009, 08:32 PM

Seafoam isn't like a new age thing. It has been around for a long long time. Maybe it is just new here but it isn't a new thing.

What it will do is help clean carbon out of the intake and exhaust chambers and the cylinder. It also helps clean injectors and remove sludge from oil. It is a pretty good universal almost solvent for use in engines.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:12 PM
5th Gear

seafoam used to be a new thing like last year. it does what jorgen says. it actually helped my car idle better, but that was when i did throttle body cleaning too

Old 03-03-2009, 09:13 PM

So the process is just run that stuff through, and that's it? Someone was mentioning changing plugs after... and that an oil change would be needed shortly after.... ?

Old 03-03-2009, 09:16 PM
5th Gear

run it through the gas tank and crank case. also suck it through the vac lines that lead to the intake. change your oil 50 miles after you run it through the crank. the plugs don't have to be changed but i'd take them out to check them if you haven't in a while

Old 03-19-2009, 04:30 PM

has anyone actually done this on a 2.8? and if so can you post a pic of the vac line used to suck it into the IM?

Old 03-19-2009, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by 'oooo'
has anyone actually done this on a 2.8? and if so can you post a pic of the vac line used to suck it into the IM?
I followed this. I still laugh about the wasp part..I dunno.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-twYzjbuCR8
When they talk about hydrolock, just put part of the tube in and make sure its not fully submerged. So some air and seafoam is being sucked in.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:41 AM
3rd Gear

The car would stall out way before you hydro-lock the engine with Seafoam.

Besides BG products, which are expensive and only available at dealers and special independent shops, it's the only product that actually works. Put it in the crankcase to rid your engine of sludge, your gas tank to clean up the fuel system, and the intake to clean carbon off the valves. I didn't believe it until I used it and eliminated a ticking valve noise and found a very clean oil pan when I removed it.

Old 03-20-2009, 04:42 PM

Interceptor...on that video that must be a 12v cuz the fpr is on the opposite side of the engine, the cover is different (not that that matters) but the vacuum hose that he used isn't quite as obvious on the 30v which i have, so now i have seen two vids and they have been on 12v but that leaves me still stuck on which vacuum hose to use. also i talked with a buddy of mine who works at a consumer auto parts near me and he was sayin i shouldnt put it in the crank and IM, if i didnt do the IM would i be drastically missing something?

Old 03-20-2009, 06:10 PM

Sorry didn't know what year you had from your sig.

Quick Reply: SeaFoam'ing a B5