B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

should i keep my B5 or not?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 01:47 PM
1st Gear
Default should i keep my B5 or not?

ok here is where i stand i currently own a 98 b5 with the 1.8t engine 5 spd manual trans. the car has about 112,000 miles and even though its not that much i have had some problems for the last months with the car, nothing engine all electrical for some reason. now my question is what is best to spend the 4 grand that i have saved up on this car or buy a b6 or b7 and be in debt???

here is what is wrong with my car at the moment, i have a bad window regulator, brakes are almost up, clutch feels wack and deep, need shocks, i have a cylinder misfire, and a headlight electrical problem. apart from the fact that i need a new front bumper and an oil pan.

now it would take about 4000 to fix that and give the car some more power is it worth it or should i get out and sell it while i can???

please replies will be appreciated

Old 02-29-2008, 03:18 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: should i keep my B5 or not?

i would risk it and stick it out man. getting you a B6 or B7 doesnt garantee you no problems and you'll have debt. So if something does go wrong then you will have your dept and the problems with the car to worry about.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:51 PM
tdn
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL:
i have a bad window regulator, brakes are almost up, clutch feels wack and deep, need shocks, i have a cylinder misfire, and a headlight electrical problem. apart from the fact that i need a new front bumper and an oil pan.

now it would take about 4000 to fix that and give the car some more power is it worth it or should i get out and sell it while i can???

please replies will be appreciated

i take it all those problems just piled up and didn't happen all around the same time? if so.. you don't seem too motivated to get them fixed, so I'd sell it and consider a toyota.

The gentleman above made a valid point being that another Audi doesn't come with any promises, unless it's under warranty but that won't last long either. If I were you, and seemed to not be motivated (or have the money) to fix problems when they arise.. I would definitely consider selling it, but for another b5, instead of a b6/7.. assuming I wanted to stay with an Audi. I say b5, because they're much, much better values which would make you in debt for much less, you can find ones with much lower miles and they just look damn good with a drop and wheels.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:11 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: YoungGentleman86

i would risk it and stick it out man. getting you a B6 or B7 doesnt garantee you no problems and you'll have debt. So if something does go wrong then you will have your dept and the problems with the car to worry about.
This makes perfect sense, if it is you who will be doing the work on your car. If you have to take it to a shop, my hunch is that they will charge you more than 4g's to fix all that.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:25 AM
1st Gear

actually all those problems arose from a month ago so its why its annoying but i have the money to fix all that and add some shocks, sway bar, intake, turbo back exhaust, s line grill and some wheels.

are there any other problems that i can expect with my b5 or after fixing this can i focus on making my car look like i want it to like!!!!!

so i guess im sticking to it!!!!

Old 03-01-2008, 02:24 AM
4th Gear

Keep it. You already have the money fix everything. Yea eventually you'll need to fix something else but thats wat comes with owning an audi. Unless your getting a b7 under warranty it wouldnt make sense to get anotehr car

*Warning anything stated above was written under the influencce of appleton rum and should be taken lightly*

Old 03-01-2008, 09:54 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: ricky0323

...or should i get out and sell it while i can???

I'd doubt you'ld be able to sell it with all those problems... although I'd probably give you $500 for it. Where you located?