B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Trouble aligning depo headlights and seat swap question

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 01:36 AM
1st Gear
Default Trouble aligning depo headlights and seat swap question

Hey guys, I picked up a pair of depo headlights and put them in pretty easily.. aside from the fender t30 bolt which i took out and didn't bother putting back in.. just torqued them down to a ungodly amount and they don't seem to move.

Anyways can't get them adjusted perfectly

I understand the cut off for depo's looks like this____/----, when i tried adjusting the right side to match the left side it kinda matched, then i messed with the adjuster next to the fender and I believe it tilted it sideways slightly? Any help fixing that up and are the headlights beamed to high? This pic is about 6-8 feet away from garage door. Also whats up with the tiny circles of light wayy above the cut off? Are these the tiny city light bulbs I added to the depo's?

Name:  65I3k.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  117.3 KB

I drove with a broken adjustment in one of my valeos so it was stuck looking at the ground.. I forgot what they looked like previously

also

my good friend picked up a 2.8 98 b5 winter car because he garages his 89 crx with less than 100k... anyways he hit black ice with the car a few days ago and its totaled.. it was a salvage title and he said he was just gonna part it out and i went to check it out.

it has these seats in them, i think they are S4 cloth seats, not sure.. i had no idea those were stock in a b5 though which is what I told him. I've seen the a4 cloths and they didn't seem to have as much bolster or if you look at the buttom cushion it extends farther.. plus it had a lumber adjustment which mine don't. The car itself was pretty weird. 98 2.8 like I said, but it had a LCD cluster with the information and the stalk to control the information like mpg, avg speed etc. My 99.5 doesn't have this. I thought it was 00 and up+.

Name:  fXdLK.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  91.6 KB

anyways would these be a hard swap? I don't like the leatherette and he said he would do a straight up trade for mine. The seats have heaters in the but I have a double din facelift console swap with a non heated seats hvac, if i bought the hvac would it be plug and play just connect the seats to the hvac?

Old 12-02-2012, 02:32 AM
1st Gear

Power Sport Cloths are weirdly rare.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:40 AM
1st Gear

oh wow, i just noticed they do look like power seats...would be a pita to swap for me then since I go the handles. I told him the seats were probably worth around $300 set.. maybe more now?

Old 12-02-2012, 02:53 AM
1st Gear

Sport Cloths are worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay.

Look into A4 --> S4 swaps for wiring.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Administrator

I have a set of sport cloth seats and i love them. Way more comfy than the stock A4 seats but not as heavy as S4 seats. Like meh. said, a good price is whatever the seller is willing to take. I paid $300 for mine.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:11 AM
1st Gear

what about these headlights, what do i need to do to align em better?

Old 12-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Just looks to me like you need to dial the driver's side down a little bit. Not sure what those little dots are about, do you actually have bulbs in the city light sockets?

Old 12-02-2012, 01:25 PM
1st Gear

i had them installed a body shop because they were painting my hood, front bumper, and fender. well i got a new hood and fender from someone backing in to me. The guy put very small bulbs in the city light spot, i assume thats what those lights are.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Administrator

That's prolly what they are. Just crank the driver's side down a few clicks and you should be good. Keep in mind that I think you should be aiming your headlights at ~15 feet, not 6-8. At 15 feet those might light up better.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:37 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the reply, I think I'm just gonna leave em and order a HID kit this week anyway, are the krauto auto kits good? I don't really like how DDM tuning would take 2 weeks to get to me.. krauto is like 2 hours away.

Quick Reply: Trouble aligning depo headlights and seat swap question