B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Trunk full of kickers in my A4

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 11:10 AM
2nd Gear

thats actually my next project. im powering interior speakers through the deck wich i like 54x4 lol its a joke but to be honest it sounds good. im thinking about getting 4 channel alpine amp from best buy soon and mounting it on my rear seats from the trunk.

does anyone know how to get rid or trunk rattling on audis???

Old 08-16-2008, 11:39 AM
5th Gear

the rattling could be from your plates or the rear deck. check your rear deck speaker dust covers too. they could be a bit loose and rattling, just glue them down with something strong. maybe the keyless entry module too.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:42 PM

ways to get rid of rattle...
im currently running a more competition oriented set up and i have MINIMAL rattle..

here is what i did and it is cheap too

go to home dept and go to the roofing section the stuff is peal n seal (i forget what other name it might have) but it is in a yellow packaging and will be a cylinder shape about a foot tall.. this is basically like a roll of sound deadener.. put it everywhere in your trunk.. like in the lid take off where the hazard triangle is and put it all under that
put some on the back of ur lisense plate as well..
i matted the underside of my deck AND the metal deck as well but don't cover up the open holes on the actual metal itself

i know the dome light in the front rattled for me a little as well.. just get small pieces of foam and put them around the edges inside to make it not rattle

this should help a bit O and make sure you heat it on put a piece on an heat it a bit with a heat gun or a hair dryer

Old 08-16-2008, 01:40 PM
3rd Gear

Yah bro there are tie down hooks in your trunk right? there are in mine. get bungy cord for now and strap it down
I had my last box slide around like that and ripped the power cable off one day the wire trailed across the top of my amp and toasted the chrome finish until it made solid contact with the heat sink where it blasted a small chunk away before the fuse blew...lol so tie it down... btw amp survived looked like a burn victim though.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:49 PM
3rd Gear
Talking

Originally Posted by cdowns13
ways to get rid of rattle...
im currently running a more competition oriented set up and i have MINIMAL rattle..

here is what i did and it is cheap too

go to home dept and go to the roofing section the stuff is peal n seal (i forget what other name it might have) but it is in a yellow packaging and will be a cylinder shape about a foot tall.. this is basically like a roll of sound deadener.. put it everywhere in your trunk.. like in the lid take off where the hazard triangle is and put it all under that
put some on the back of ur lisense plate as well..
i matted the underside of my deck AND the metal deck as well but don't cover up the open holes on the actual metal itself

i know the dome light in the front rattled for me a little as well.. just get small pieces of foam and put them around the edges inside to make it not rattle

this should help a bit O and make sure you heat it on put a piece on an heat it a bit with a heat gun or a hair dryer
Gracey Ice & Water seal ...
Stuff is good works for roofs too
Too heat it just put it in sun for a little while on a warm day it gets really hot fast. and guess what its resealable (pulled nails wont cause leaks) so if you wanna reroof the interior of your trunk you can. it will elliminate those pesky ice dams and general just make you everyday incompetent roofer look like a pro.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:39 PM
2nd Gear

thanks guys i will try to go to nearest home dept and see what they have there.
i heard that its pretty easy to strip the whole trunk of carpet and lay the sound demp over so i guess its gonna be a day project so next time i have a day off i will try to do something,
My friend had a DB meter in his car and the other day i placed it in the middle and it metered at 138db i take it that its pretty good??? i dont know how accurate those things are but thats what it read on the meter.

HOW ABOUT YOU WHATS YOUR DB???

Old 08-16-2008, 03:52 PM

well what meter was it? a lot of meter are off.. the best one is a term lab.. Ac's are ok but usually up ur score more than it is... im hitting a 140.9 (so close to 141!) on a term lab which is what they use at comps but 138 is a good score either way

Old 08-16-2008, 05:07 PM
2nd Gear

why are you so exited about reaching 141???
i hear that world record is like 178 or something?

Old 08-17-2008, 04:39 PM

the record is actually a 180.1 or a 181.1 i forget but it is one of those two... in a old volvo hatchback with one.. yes one sub i think an 18in DD (digital designs) 95 series subwoofer cutsom built.. now mind you this merely a burp when people hit these high numbers.. it is literally you get up there and BURP! one second bass hit on your peak frequency and your done b/c the sub will fry playing anything past more than 2-5 seconds...mind you this takes a ton of time and effort and MONEY to get that far running prob about 20,000 watts+ with multiple batteries and multiple high power alternators and PLENTY of 1/0 or even 2-3/0 (seen 4/0 before)
it is hard to reach over a 150 in a trunk car especially if you do not wall it off.. didn't say my score was amazing.. but with the box and equipment i have it is good on stock batt and alt

Last edited by cdowns13; 08-17-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:49 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah so i tied down my box to the factory tie downs and it works so far. what i did was screwed a little hook to the box from both sides and just used little rope to tie them down through the hooks and tie downs you cant even see it from the trunk.
I was looking through some pictures online and im thinking of building custom enclosure for the trunk so it dont look like i just have a box there but looks lik ei had woofers in the car from day one. you know no spaces and carpeted all around and maybe i could put the amp where the spare is and light it up. I bought some bright LEDS and im gonna be installing them all around the car inside under the wheel and in the back under the seats and maybe in the trunk too.
does anyone have any pictures of people with setups like this? I would like to see it to get better idea of what people doing these days lol

Quick Reply: Trunk full of kickers in my A4