B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

2004 A4 wiper blade

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 10:38 AM
1st Gear
Default 2004 A4 wiper blade

Hello all. I just had my oil changed at a local Jiffy Lube and asked them to replace my wiper blades. I was informed that they couldn't replace the blades as they didn't have any that fit for an Audi A4 and told me that I needed to get the blades from an Audi supplier. Is this true?

Old 10-30-2008, 12:47 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by SVT21
Hello all. I just had my oil changed at a local Jiffy Lube and asked them to replace my wiper blades. I was informed that they couldn't replace the blades as they didn't have any that fit for an Audi A4 and told me that I needed to get the blades from an Audi supplier. Is this true?
Yep. Audi sells blade refills, or you can opt to buy the whole wiper blade. They are cheap, i think i paid $8 for the 2 refills. I would almost rather buy the whole blade, just because of the frustration of putting the refills on

Old 10-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Talking

I had to go back to the dealer for mine. I think it was $20/pr for the entire unit. I'm mechanically challenged and it still only took about 5 min for me to change both of them.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:28 PM
1st Gear

Awesome. thanks for your replies. i really appreciate it.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:55 PM

i went to advanced auto parts and they wanted about $80 per wiper. i have the euro style but didnt think they would be that much.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:02 PM
1st Gear

You can retro fit the oem blades with after market refills. However, if the clip breaks that holds the wiper on the arm you're screwed. Better to get the OEM's.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:15 PM
1st Gear

Save yourself the time and get the full wiper from the dealer. It really takes a total of 2 minutes to swap both blades. Refills = PITA.

I think it's silly that you have to go to the dealer for wipers, but that's the way it goes.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:22 PM

Umm, why has no freaked out about his going to Jiffy Lube?! FYI, places like that tend to use cheap conventional oil when doing those changes to keep the cost down. The problem is our 1.8t motors are PRONE TO SLUDGE and pretty much REQUIRE synthetic oil with the OVERSIZED oil filter. If I were you I would not drive around with that stuff too long and get it done right. Sludge is bad, mmkay.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:10 PM
1st Gear

Dealership for the wipers. +1

As far as ^^ true high school kids work at all jiffy lubes.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:27 AM
1st Gear

i actually have a pair of OEM wiper blades from an AUDI dealer, I bought a paid but the guy sent two sets. so if you havent bought any yet lets talk.
i paid $30 for a pair for my 2005 a4.
work great. could send you more info if you want.
send me a pm or AIM at layinlowon22s.
thanks mike
im located in southern california FYI

Quick Reply: 2004 A4 wiper blade