B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

A4 3.0 quattro chip or other performance upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Default A4 3.0 quattro chip or other performance upgrades?

Hi I have a 02 A4 with a 3.0, I called APR and they don't have any upgrades for my car, is there other good companies out there that I can upgrade my chip on this car? Sorry if this was already posted didn't find it though. Thanks

Old 05-19-2009, 02:51 PM

I'm looking for the same. I just bought an 05 A4 3.0 Cabri, but can't seem to find any updated ECU mappings.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:28 PM
1st Gear

There are a few chips for the 3.0L (search around, I'm sure you can find them somewhere), but they all carry minimal gains, if anything. Being a NA engine, an ECU flash unfortunately (for me as well) doesn't do much.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:42 PM
1st Gear

there are other threads, as I contacted 034motorsport.com (or 034motorsports.com who has a chip - that was nice. I also did the sprintbooster.com upgrade, which was terrific. Having both of those is what the car was the way it should have come from the manufacturer.

I am considering the CAI, but not sure what that will do, if anything.

I will tell you, I did a CAT-BACK with new mufflers, and the car sounds terrific - not quite like an S4, but sounds beefier than the 1.8 or 2.0T.

Best,

Eric

Old 11-09-2009, 07:28 PM
1st Gear

i cant read german, how well does the sprintbooster work for the 3.0? and what is it exactly? can i use that and a chip at the same time? or is the sprint booster a chip that you thought was better than the other? please let me know, i'm trying to get my car up to minimum 250hp... with an exhaust, chip, and intake i figured i would be running around that, but if i could get this sprint booster as well maybe i could get 260-265? Just trying to get as much as possible out of my engine, I figure if I upgrade it enough, since its 400lbs lighter than the S4 of its year, I might be able to keep up with a stock one.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:54 PM

Im also looking into the Sprint booster.. i have a 2005 3.0 A4 . I put duel magan flow exhaust and Converter, and a short air intake that i notice a big difference. Theres not to many mods for our car.. Im also looking into a Chip but between that and the sprint booster i cant find wich one to use and ive been looking for quite some time now... i would def do the K&N short air intake..... and exhaust other then that tint the window, put rain guards on, tint tail lights, nice set of rims, ya know....Anyone know whats a good company in ENGLISH where i can find a good sprint booster and CHIP??

Old 11-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Site Moderator

A sprint booster won't add horsepower, it does boost accelleration time resulting in better quarter mile times. Its basically a little module that connects between the gas pedal and harness, it tells the ECM to open the throttle a little faster.
A unitronic chip from 034 motorsport should add about 6-8 horsepower in stock form, not the advertised 20 horsepower gain.
A full exhaust from the cat back should also give you another 3-4 horsepower, plus the 3.0L engine sounds damn good with a full exhaust system.
Sprint boosters can be bought from LLTEK http://www.lltek.com/sprintboost_plus.htm

Old 11-10-2009, 11:14 PM

HAve you bought it from this site, If so have you notice a difference??

Old 11-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Site Moderator

I've installed an LLTEK sprint booster on a couple 3.0L's in my area, and yes you will notice a difference in accelleration. More than a cold air intake, exhaust, or chip can provide at least. With all of these in combination however it should be a pretty peppy set up.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:51 PM
1st Gear

Peppy, but not fast... I thought a catback exhaust would give me around 7-10hp and a chip would give around 10hp as well, knowing that it wouldnt give its advertised 20hp I guessed half would probably be a sufficient guess... so after spending over 1000$ on a chip and a catback, I'll only look to gain 9-12hp? I wasn't expecting any crazy gains, but for a grand I thought I might atleast get to my goal of 250hp from 220...

Quick Reply: A4 3.0 quattro chip or other performance upgrades?