B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

An Audi With FWD is? An Audi?!? Whaat tha Fuuk?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 07:12 PM
4th Gear

if u really want to cause an uproar with ur statement go to zine and post what u posted and see how many people respond. That would be fun. but i got a fwd and im happy. MY sister got a quattro and i still beat her *** in racing. too bad for her.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:21 PM
1st Gear

No thanks the guys on the Zine may not get that I wasn't trying to make enemies just trying to give people something to think about before they start talkin smack about the frontraks. About beating your sisters quattro? Thats what i'm sayin man! Nothing shames the guy(or girl) in the car next to you like stomping his(or her) *** off the line. Am I right? or am I right!

Last edited by krystallbluea4; 11-16-2008 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Girls race too.......i guess.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:32 PM
1st Gear

I also want to add that while watching "the origins of quattro an unfair advantage" video it seems that the trick to winning with quattro was left foot braking while keepin rightfoot down on the throttle. Hmmmm......sounds like braking while on the throttle is something that ESP accomplishes...Okay? So what? Here's the what. We all know that any force being exerted on the tires to accelerate is equal to the force lost for cornering and braking, right? Right! Well my fronttrak has ESP soooo......

Old 11-16-2008, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by krystallbluea4
I also want to add that while watching "the origins of quattro an unfair advantage" video it seems that the trick to winning with quattro was left foot braking while keepin rightfoot down on the throttle. Hmmmm......sounds like braking while on the throttle is something that ESP accomplishes...Okay? So what? Here's the what. We all know that any force being exerted on the tires to accelerate is equal to the force lost for cornering and braking, right? Right! Well my fronttrak has ESP soooo......
i have no idea what you're trying to say... esp also cuts power by reducing throttle response... esp and heel and toe cornering should not be thought of as the same thing. that's like saying a tiptronic is the same as a manual transmission. it will never be the same.

btw.. you're an official postwhore. LOL!!

Old 11-16-2008, 10:39 PM
1st Gear

Sorry about the post-whoring I have alot of time on my hands lately and if someones got a question that i can help them with I thought they might appreciate a response as opposed to watching the list of views climb while the replies sit at 0 and maybe I'll be shown the same courtesy. I hope that I've helped people that's my only intention, minus a controversial post here and there haha .

I'm aware of how the ESP system works and the functions it performs and I am familiar with the method of heel and toe braking. That being said what I was trying to highlight is....does a Quattro have ESP? yes. Does a Quattro's tires grip the road better that an Frontrak's tires? no. Just trying to say that minus tire slip under hard acceleration which Quattro virtually eliminates the cars ESP system is what is keeping it on the road around a corner not necessarily that the car is a Quattro. I've seen alot of "information" that leads people to believe a frontwheel drive Audi is a literal death trap one doesn't even want to attempt a corner at over "3 mph" with(new rear sway bar goes a long way to correct some understeer). I believe most of the 'woulda been dead if it weren't for the Quattro' experiences people might be having, be it on slick or dry pavement, are more than likely the fact that the ESP kicked in.

Honestly I'm bored alot and without the forums I'd be counting carpet fibers. I like to help people out when and if I can. I hope there's more people that appreciate that about my posts than dislike me for it...

Old 11-16-2008, 10:42 PM
1st Gear

In short it's not like Audi threw the engineering team out the door and let the janitor design the Frontrak's. It is a no less impressive vehicle in my eyes...

Old 11-16-2008, 11:16 PM

the front track is faster.

theres a torque loss from the power split in the quattro system. same w/ all AWD systems.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:05 AM
1st Gear

Okay, then, I guess for the record, I can assume that our 2006 A4 Cabriolet 1.8T is NOT an all-wheel-drive car, right? I never saw anything suggesting it was, and I couldn't see a prop shaft underneath (surely, an AWD has to have that between the axles!).

A bunch of guys are trying to convince me that ALL Audis are AWD. That's not true, right? It's certainly not mentioned on the window sticker.

I had a good look through the manual this morning, and the only place it even mentioned AWD was in referring to a Quattro. But I tell you one thing, the manual draws your attention to all the amazing technological features this car has... Audis are unbelievably advanced cars! I'm even more impressed than ever... even with then non-quattro ;-(

Old 11-21-2008, 12:06 PM
3rd Gear

About the Rally Quattro statements:
left foot braking was used a lot mainly because of the AWD, and then turbo setup.
We cant really do that on our cars, cause our ECU (and all related things, esp on awd models) wouldnt let us... When you coming from the corner, you want AS MUCH POWER AS available to give you that push. That's why braking and giving a gas at the same time builds up BOOST, and when your let the brakes off, you get THAT PUSH and with awd your car accelerates much faster that rwd/fwd.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:45 PM
1st Gear

Agreed I hope no-one is confusing that about my posts. Or that I think a FWD w/CVT is going to ever be a track-racer or a drag machine. Once your tuning goes into the BT files or possibly even sooner the advantage of a car with AWD will always be a benefit simply because there are two more tires to distribute that power to and less likely to just sit there and smoke the front-tires down to the wheels. If I wanted a car that was designed to be the ultimate track car i'd never even consider a four-door family sedan, Quattro or not. I'll never be in a "race" or dragging my car, I just want a sharp looking daily driver with a little extra for fun. Which by the way is exactly what I have.

Last edited by krystallbluea4; 11-21-2008 at 08:04 PM.

Quick Reply: An Audi With FWD is? An Audi?!? Whaat tha Fuuk?!