B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Best Set up for my A4 1.8t manual B6

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 11:35 PM
1st Gear
Default Best Set up for my A4 1.8t manual B6

Hello I have a b6 audi a4 1.8t and I'm looking to get better gains but still keep my cars cabin noise and performance sound to a minimum I already have a k04 turbo I do wanna know what's the best BOV I should get I don't mind the sound of my turbo spooling my friend recommended the Evo Tial blow of valve and I wanna know from experience what does everyone else recommend I was also looking in Go Apr exhaust system and the carbonio air intake and magnaflow I wanna know which exhaust is the best for gain and still maintain the minimum noise level I'm still not sure about the cold air though my friend had got one for his SI and he had engine problems because it had sucked up water anyway I'm just curious to hear everyone's set ups and the difference it mad in sound and performance I'm running around 230 to my wheels right now

Old 10-16-2013, 04:01 PM
1st Gear

These cars do not accept "real" blow-off valves. There are hybrid BOVs, but for the most part, we stick to Diverter Valves. I highly recommend the APR R1 diverter valve. I've had it for about two years now installed with the Carbonio CAI and Stage 1 software, and nothing has ever gone wrong. I love these mods, and I wouldn't hesitate a second to suggest them.

As far as exhaust goes, the Magnaflow exhaust is one of the loudest/most drone-y, so if you want quiet, this is not the exhaust for you. Also avoid Milltek if you don't want loud.

Also, as I have a good friend with an SI, I can say with certainty that these cars are absolutely nothing alike, so don't get part suggestions from him unless he knows his Volkswagen Auto Group too.

My car has the mods I listed above, and although I haven't dyno'd it, I am expecting about 235 or so HP with above 250 ft-lbs of torque on the stock turbo. (Don't correct me if I'm wrong, I have dreams too.... haha). So, with a K04, expect a bit more than that.

Hope this helps!

Old 10-16-2013, 07:53 PM
1st Gear

Thank you as far as your CAI goes you've never had engine problems??? Because I know cold air intakes suck up water if you on your gas and driving over a puddle

Old 10-17-2013, 09:18 AM
1st Gear

Not a single problem! It rains quite a bit where I am and I still have not encountered a problem with the CAI.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:28 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AudiVerrückt
Not a single problem! It rains quite a bit where I am and I still have not encountered a problem with the CAI.
Would you be able to recommend an exhaust??

Old 10-21-2013, 02:42 PM
1st Gear

Personally, I have this exhaust system: Magnaflow mufflers, Techtonics High-flow cat, and no resonator. I am very happy with the way it sounds (very loud and deep for a 4 cyl), but since you don't want droney or especially loud, do not go this route. Also, I don't know what it's like on our cars, but on the B7 S4 (very different, I know), the APR exhaust is very loud as well.

Try to find some sort of stealth kit, they are typically quieter than normal kits.

What I did to find my exhaust setup was just googling youtube videos for "Audi A4 B6 aftermarket exhaust system" and wrote down which ones I liked. I can't remember any that would suit you, but if I remember I will let you know.

Good luck!

Old 10-25-2013, 05:03 PM
1st Gear

I also agree with all of this. The APR R1 diverter valve is a great choice.

APR also makes a stealth version for the B6, but I haven't personally heard it.

I also second staying away from Milltek, i've only heard loud exhausts from them.