AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B6 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b6-models-70/)
-   -   can i put in regular 87 gas in my a4? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b6-models-70/can-i-put-regular-87-gas-my-a4-107124/)

euro_2nr 07-10-2008 09:44 AM

RE: can i put in regular 87 gas in my a4?

Monkey: hey man we all learn somehow. I read about it and put in wrench time and also helping kwik_shift vis-a-vis. But wether you are chipped or not you SHOULD put in at least 91. (I have a good mind to run 100 all the time lol) The deto retard is from the factory. All the chips vary and each car does also on how it reacts to the chip. Generally from 8-12 psi more than stock.

Papachristou 07-10-2008 01:17 PM

stage one will peak 17-18 i believe but if u are going to get one... go to www.audizine.com PM a guy named manguyen who can hook u up with a great deal on injectors so you can get either APR 1+ or GIAC FX..

i peak about 22-23 lbs of course it doesnt last too long[:@]

if you are even remotely mechanically inclinded, you can install the injectors yourself with instructions from www.goapr.com or www.a4mods.com

hardenthefckup 07-11-2008 01:50 AM

i cant believe a post like this one got so much attention! not that its a bad question but...... rather... nevermind nuff said

AudiOso 07-11-2008 05:39 AM

With gas prices the way they are and these cars capable of adjusting their timing to fuel octane I'm happily running regular without any concern. All I know is that I don't get detonation and my fuel mileage is decent. I intend to leave well enough alone.

Papachristou 07-11-2008 10:11 AM

ORIGINAL: beefyosito

With gas prices the way they are and these cars capable of adjusting their timing to fuel octane I'm happily running regular without any concern. All I know is that I don't get detonation and my fuel mileage is decent. I intend to leave well enough alone.
[sm=badidea.gif]

auditech79 07-11-2008 01:50 PM

If you're stock, 87 octane won't affect the engine in any way shape or form, you're not driving a corvette. The compression ratio is fairly low and boost for that matter as long as your stock. 3.0L's definately don't need premium.
The germans always list the cars as "required" premium fuel because they don't wanna hear customers complain about lack of power in thier cars.
If you asked if i would put 87 octane in my car? The answer would be NO.

techbod 07-11-2008 01:54 PM

ORIGINAL: beefyosito

plus 10:)

euro_2nr 07-11-2008 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: auditech79

If you're stock, 87 octane won't affect the engine in any way shape or form, you're not driving a corvette. The compression ratio is fairly low and boost for that matter as long as your stock. 3.0L's definately don't need premium.
The germans always list the cars as "required" premium fuel because they don't wanna hear customers complain about lack of power in thier cars.
If you asked if i would put 87 octane in my car? The answer would be NO.

Okay then, if you were stock, would you run 87? If not, why?

loktian 07-11-2008 11:17 PM

why does my manuel say that minimum is 87?

euro_2nr 07-12-2008 10:24 AM

^^^What kind of manual do you got?