B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Central Convenience Comfort Mod. Water logged! Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 01:58 PM
1st Gear

coming from the battery well under the hood. need to clean out the clogged drain hole. then lift up your carpet. im sure there is tons of water under it.

Last edited by cpcoop71; 02-07-2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-14-2011, 02:32 PM
1st Gear

No I don't have a pic sorry. Besides, the hole is on the driver's side not the passenger. I get a few drips on my passenger side when it rains and I think it's because the well on the engine side of the firewall has filled up with water. There are a few aluminum tubes (AC lines?) that go through the firewall on the passenger side that I think is where the water comes in but admittedly I'm not sure.

Next time it happens pop your hood and take of the battery cover and then that plastic panel. You don't need any tools to get it out, just push it towards the window and you should be able to get the side closest to you above the gasket then pull it out. Reach down in the well to the right of the battery and in the very bottom there is a drain. Mine clogs all of the time and I just reach my hand in and scoop out the debris and the water flows out.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:33 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by cpcoop71
coming from the battery well under the hood. need to clean out the clogged drain hole. then lift up your carpet. im sure there is tons of water under it.
Thanks cpcoop71. Didn't see that you had already replied.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:36 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ewout@woont-in-noorwegen.nl
"Well I finally took the old comfort module out today which was located in front of the Driver seat under carpet..if you move seat all the way back you can access if without too much trouble. This one was waterlogged, terrible condition. I ordered a used one and am certain this will solve some of my issues. I attached some pics to show how bad this thing really is."

How did you exactly remove the carpet? Even if i move the seat back, I don't see how I can remove it...
I didn't remove my carpet. I just pulled it back as far as I could and I was able to get the unit out although it wasn't easy.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:57 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by immusicman
Did you find you a suitable replacement? Let me know if you have not and I will send you some places you can probably get one for a very reasonable price. Say 100-125 shipped
I am looking for one now, where can I get one these days?!?! Help!

Old 01-15-2013, 03:39 PM
1st Gear

I too am looking for a CCM for a 2005 Audi A4 Cabriolet that got wet from what I assume is my leaking rear window in the convertible top. I have only had this car for a couple of months, gift for my daughter, and am really not looking forward to the enormous expense that I am being told, over 1k for the CCM and 1k+ for the top. Any ideas on where to get one or the other at a good price? Also, can you "just" buy a replacement CCM for the year/make/etc., or does it have to be an exact parts number match? I have read threads that imply both.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:58 AM
1st Gear

I am going to look this weekend but I believe that I have the same issue. I have a 2004 Audi S4 and it had a leak in the convertible top. I just had the top replaced so the leak is done and the carpet and such have been dried out. I have seen several of these modules on ebay and the question is how hard is it to replace. If It is just plug and play, I am sure I can do it myself. I have seen text about how it requires programming for the keys and other items. I'm very technically adept if there is a guide to the programming -- does anyone have one.

The main symptom is the wipers. They kinda have a mind of their own. the airbag light is also on and none of the dome lights work (automatic dome, manual dome and glove box). Does this sound like CCM -- All help appreciated!!!!!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 01:25 PM
4th Gear

u will need a vagcom to readapt it to the car.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:32 PM
1st Gear

Bit of an update. It appears that audi forgot to put one of the fuses back. Once i replaced, the dome lights work. There are a few others that are not there that seem to have to do with engine modules. Does anyone have a map of what fuses should be there on 2004 S4 Cabrio.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:47 AM
1st Gear

I put my ccm in a while ago. If you use the same exact module you should not need to vagcom it.
I pulled out the bolts on the drivers seat tilted the whole thing back and pulled up the carpet.

Got mine for 80.00. I pull my battery out every fall and hose the compartment down. It's a chore but works well. My drivers side firewall plug I could not get back i Just use some rtv sealant or high temp silicone on every entry to your firewall.

Quick Reply: Central Convenience Comfort Mod. Water logged! Pics