B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Crowning Achievement?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 05:48 PM

I've never heard someone trash a car company so much, and say they plan on buying one soon.

Perhaps he makes some valid points, but generalizing and focusing on the negative is a bad way to characterize anything.

Bad engineering is not necessarily the cause of all of these problems, although the Germans are not known for their electrical expertise. But to say that Audi's are crap is totally misguided and misinformed.

My grandfather had over 450,000 miles on the odometer before his Audi was stolen. I have seen others with well over 300,000 miles with only minor repairs. Plus the fact that Audi has won the 24 hours of Le Mans 8 out of the last 10 years shows that they know something about engineering...

+1 rdb

Old 06-16-2009, 06:25 PM
1st Gear

ok, I have one question...if these are such **** cars...give one good reason you would want one? you buy a car for more than just its asthetics, otherwise you're retarded. You keep going on and on that these are such horrible cars, why join a community of Audi owners? Are you just that retarded? or do you just get some kinda joy outta TRYING to get a rise outta people? I mean seriously, what kind of since comes from 'I think these are **** cars, and they're just crap...but I want one and plan on buying one' To me, that's one of the most ignorant things I think I've ever read.

why dont you stay on the point of the thread?
Can you tell me what that is??

Old 06-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NoAudiGuy
You had a bad experience w/ a Lexus--so TFW! If you went to www.carsurvey.org, or true delta.com or consumer reports you'd see that Lexus is at or near the TOP of reliability--doesnt get any better, Audi is busy wiping up the rear. You see with your sample size "n" of ONE, your experience means NOTHING.>>
you rely on consumer reports? enough said. you're an idiot.

i'm a consumer and here's my report to you: GFYS

Last edited by esandes; 06-17-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:04 PM
2nd Gear
Thumbs down

Ban the Troll!!!

Old 06-18-2009, 04:10 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by esandes
you rely on consumer reports? enough said. you're an idiot.

i'm a consumer and here's my report to you: GFYS
Look guy, just because I made you look foolish on your points, no point in trying to save face now. If consumer reports, that is actual responses from owners of these cars on owners issues are somehow less reliable in fact than your little bit of anecdotal evidence --then I am talking to someone who doesnt get it and wont. Again, its called statistics.
Why am I interested in the car--because of the way it drives and the way it looks--why are my points on reliability and engineering treated the way they've been--why--because apparently people have a difficult time in stomaching the fact that they dropped a lot of $$ on, in MANY cases, an unreliable automobile--dont hate the messenger is all I am saying. Just agree and say yes, they're unreliable in the long run --statistically (yes, you may get lucky, yes if you have an 07 or newer and have yet to have some issues, etc) but basically you are gonna pay big $$ for little stupid repairs on things that by now 2009 ought to have been figured out and yes, they look great.

I am not trolling for anything, just offering an alternative perspective--one that apparently a select few cannot take. Sorry guy.
I am done with this thread.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:09 PM

Actual responses from owners are exactly what you are getting on this forum. You dismiss our opinions as anecdotal and meaningless. Obviously that is going to upset some people. The fact that you are on an Audi forum and critisizing Audi makes you appear to be trolling.

If you look at the true delta consumer report you see that reliability varies greatly depending on the model and year. Something which you have completely ignored. In fact you lump the entire Audi lineup into a single category and make gross generalizations. I cannot agree with your conclusions based on this website.

If you want to support your point than post some of the specific evidence that says that Audis are far less reliable than the average car. You act like Audi is the only company that has problems with their new models. What you basically are saying is that an Audi owner will have a greater chance of having major problems that cost a lot of money than having minor problems that are easy and cheap to fix. I dont see any evidence or statistics that prove that assertion.

You say that MANY people will pay big money for stupid repairs when you should being saying that a MAJORITY will have to. Because unless it is a mojority, statistics will tell you that the chances are in your favor.

I actaully have to agree to an extent that someone who owns an Audi should be capable of working on the car themselves or they will end up going to the dealership and getting screwed.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:14 PM

Let me add that you referenced a thread declaring that reliable engines is a crowning acheivement. You have said nothing here to undermine that statement.

...and you posted in the B6 section when this is not a B6 specific topic.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NoAudiGuy
Look guy, just because I made you look foolish on your points, no point in trying to save face now.
you have an over-inflated sense of your worth and opinion. your sources of reliability information are corrupt. i used to buy alot of things based on consumer reports and they all ended up in the dump after a few years. put that in your stats. you're the standard deviation. you talk down to real owners and dismiss our shared experience. just like AUF said, your behaviour and username just says "TROLL". maybe you're jealous we have nice cars and you take the bus. maybe you're a disgruntled hyundai salesman. either way, you're just another internet troll. i'm glad you're done with this thread. quit wasting my time.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:20 PM

seriously, who is this guy? my penny-pinching math teacher?

He can have his statistically significant figures and consumer reports, and I hope he has fun driving some some car from asia that isn't a "crap car" like an audi. News flash: there are other cars than 02 and 03 versions to choose from cheap skate. If you can't afford an audi, go rice-burning in some honda.

By the way, the reason you don't see audis from the 1980s on the road: they buy newer, nicer cars. We don't ride around in the same tired old vehicle that we had when we were in our teens. wow.

Get a clue, and get off this site.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:01 PM
3rd Gear

Wow I find this funny, a guy with 3 posts dizzing... I'm calling a mod to see if we can get this thread locked.

Quick Reply: Crowning Achievement?