B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

esp

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 02:41 PM
1st Gear
Default esp

i think there was already a post about this problem but i coudent find it so anyway iam driving on the freeway today and i am in traffic so i am only going about 10 mph. all of hte sudden the little esp symbol comes on, so i pust the button to see if it will go off and i didnt the light stayed on untill i got to were i was going and it was still on. i called the dealership made an appoinment for them to check it out. does anyone know what could be the problem here? is this gona make my wallet empty? when i turned off the car and turned it back on the light was off. i was thinking it could be a short fuse or something. has anyone ever had this problem before and if so can you let me know what you did to resolve the issue?

thanks

Old 02-11-2008, 03:15 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: esp

ok the dealer ship called me and said that its gona be 135 just for them to check it out and e told me that he recamends that i purchase an extended warrenty F$&*!!!! i wish i never got his pist of S@#* car. i shouyld have listened to my friends and got a civic si

Old 02-11-2008, 03:37 PM
1st Gear

Harsh. You should've just read the reviews on the A4 before you purchased. You'd see that they are expensive to maintain and are sometimes riddled with pricey problems. To most A4 owners though, it is worth it. Good luck with the fix.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:26 PM
1st Gear

i kniw that they are expensive to maintain but i just never thought that something like this will happen. they told me that my abs system is not working properly and it just makes me mad cuz i dont have alot of money to get it fixed right now. and i already know its gona be alot. but i am thinking about getting an extended warrenty so that way i only pay the deductable.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:51 PM
1st Gear

The same thing happened to me when I was having problems with my chipped ECU. Disconnect the battery for 10 mins to reset the computer. That's what fixed mine anyway. Also if you don't want to spend the money for the dealership to scan your computer try small Audi resellers, and places like that. I've found that they generally have the Vag-Com tool and will do it for free.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:56 PM
1st Gear

cool iam gona go disconnect my battery right now and see wat happens hope it works

Old 02-11-2008, 05:18 PM
1st Gear

How do you know if the ESP button works....... I can't tell if mine is on or off. The button does nothing???? No lights, no indication of whether it's on or off. Think mine's Broke......LOL

Old 02-11-2008, 05:20 PM
1st Gear

Also after you disconnect the battery, all the functions of the car will take a second to come back on. I noticed that the one touch on my windows, and my keyless entry took time to reset. When you plug the battery back in turn the key to on without starting the engine, let it sit for a couple mins. If you have problems still, turn it off, and restart it. All the functions should com bac on line.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:03 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Crunk

How do you know if the ESP button works.......
Theres no cirlce in the dash cluster that lights up kinda orange? It looks like a circle with skid marks in it. If it's off the thing stays lit all the time instead of flashing when you spin your tires. Thats what mine is like anyway..

Old 02-11-2008, 07:42 PM
1st Gear

ok i did it hopefully this worked thanks