B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Fuel Injector O-Ring

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 11:01 PM
1st Gear
Default Fuel Injector O-Ring

Hi all,

I have a 03 A4 Cabriolet that I just recently bought that has had a fuel smell inside the car. I just replaced both of the front axles due to a boot failure and I noticed that one of the injectors is letting a small amount of fuel leak from around it. Does anyone know what size O-ring these use? I haven't pulled the rail or anything yet, just went on a search tonight to find the source of the leak and figured if I found out what size first I could go ahead and buy enough to do that whole side.

Thanks much,

Matt

Old 02-11-2013, 07:01 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by TheMattMan
Hi all,

I have a 03 A4 Cabriolet that I just recently bought that has had a fuel smell inside the car. I just replaced both of the front axles due to a boot failure and I noticed that one of the injectors is letting a small amount of fuel leak from around it. Does anyone know what size O-ring these use? I haven't pulled the rail or anything yet, just went on a search tonight to find the source of the leak and figured if I found out what size first I could go ahead and buy enough to do that whole side.

Thanks much,

Matt
autozone sells the injector O-ring kit. its like $8

Old 02-11-2013, 08:46 AM
1st Gear

cool thanks... I will check out one of the part houses tonight.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:33 PM
1st Gear

cool thanks... I will check out one of the part houses tonight.
I bought new o rings and went ahead and replaced all of them and I am still seeping fuel from the same injector. I tried to put a thin o ring the same size in behind it and it still seeps. Would a bad injector do this? I might try some Teflon under and see if that does anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated also.

Thanks in advance
Matt

Last edited by TheMattMan; 02-12-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:24 PM
1st Gear

I tried to put some teflon around the injector and then put the o ring around the teflon, but it still seeps out the same amount of fuel. I read online that some Audi's have a injector seat/insert that have to be replaced, but I don't believe this has it because it doesn't have a shape that a allen tool could remove. It is more of a half moon shape down inside.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:09 AM
1st Gear

I tried to put some teflon around the injector and then put the o ring around the teflon, but it still seeps out the same amount of fuel. I read online that some Audi's have a injector seat/insert that have to be replaced, but I don't believe this has it because it doesn't have a shape that a allen tool could remove. It is more of a half moon shape down inside.

you are talking about this?

Audi TT MKI FWD 180HP > Engine > Fuel > Injectors > ES#5289 Injector Insert - Priced Each - 06B133555H

so im assuming is leaking from the bottom part of the injector?

try swapping the injector from another cylinder and see if the problem exists on the same cylinder or if it follows the one injector that was leaking.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:17 PM
1st Gear

Yes it ended up following the injector. The plastic plugs were so crispy I had to be real careful not to break them, that's why I waited until last to move the injector. Is it worth having it professionally cleaned or should it just be replaced. And does anyone have any brand preferences, my local parts house has a BWD brand for $150 and a oem one for $197. I've seen them cheaper online, just didn't know about quality.

Matt

Old 02-13-2013, 09:31 PM
1st Gear
Cool Injector cleaning

I have used these guys on three different sets of injectors, I have always been very happy with their work. 22.00 per injector and they do before and after flow testing. Witch Hunter... WitchHunter Performance - Injector Cleaning & Flow Testing Services

Old 02-13-2013, 10:55 PM
1st Gear

Thanks I will check them out.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:51 AM
1st Gear

Thanks I will check them out.
i have oem injectors if you want them. i have a set of 4

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector O-Ring