B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Giac Chip ? HELP ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 04:01 PM
1st Gear
Default Giac Chip ? HELP ?

Hey my buddy owns eoropean tuner shop and he is recommending me to get a Giac chip for my Audi A4 1.8T says that is better then others for $500 installed wut u guys think about the chip is it good and putting a chip into the car is there any problems in future with a turbo or maybe engine it self and does it recquire any other upgrades thanks all.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:55 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Giac Chip ? HELP ?

I dont know if Giac is the best, but overall, they are all the same if u get stage 1+ or less. I think though, Giac is the cheapest chip, and should be about $100 less than other ones. Go to their website and make sure. Chip is the best upgrade for its money. And dont worry that much about the turbo, a lot of 1.8T/2.0T guys do that with no problems. U will need to upgrade your DV though. If he is your friend, id stick to Giac/his shop. Cause he can always help you out in the future.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:32 PM
1st Gear

Thanks bro for reply.
I already have Forge004 DV/BOV would that be good or do u think its not enough or any would work just fine. He told me that it gives you 40lb Torgue and 60HP make sense ?

Old 07-04-2008, 06:44 PM
3rd Gear

Its fine, btw i run Forge 004 for now too ))
Yeah, that hp/tq sounds about right. There is always a file with bigger injectors, which will give you the power close to ko4 turbo upgrade. It should cost the same, but ud have to buy bigger injectors.
P.S. Forge 004 is full BOV

Old 07-04-2008, 06:52 PM
1st Gear

But You dont think having that chip would mess the stock injectors due to the power that its giving, or even over heating my pistons what u think ? Are you using any chip ?

Old 07-04-2008, 06:54 PM
1st Gear

By the way man where u from and i looked at ur Car and Faces are u russin or polish ?

Old 07-04-2008, 07:52 PM
3rd Gear

There are 2 files for stage 1. Different companies call it differently... Lets stick to stage 1 (chip only). Stage 1+ (chip + bigger injectors).
If u get stage 1, the software is already made to runwith stock injectors/stage 1+ gives u more hp/tq but bigger injectors needed.
so u gonna be fine with stage 1/stock injectors.
yeah im Russian ))

Old 07-04-2008, 08:28 PM
1st Gear

That's awsome dude I'm serbian lol both orthodox I'm guessing lol well is it expensive 500$ for the chip I'm getting or can u get better for a price

Old 07-04-2008, 09:00 PM
3rd Gear

We are!!!
If u are looking for the engine mods, thats the best mod for $500 u can get. Here is their official dealer
So looks like $500 is the right price. But i still think they used to be $399... Anyways, not anymore i guess.
Dont know about Giac, but Revo gives the free trial for 5 hrs, you dont pa anything. If u got one Revo dealer close by, get one for free and test that out for 5 hrs.
Ask your friend with Giac, maybe they do the same thing.
Anyways, usually people decide on which software (chip) by following reasons:
1. If u plan going BT
2. Nearest Dealer cause it might help you a lot in a future.
What city are u from btw?

Old 07-04-2008, 09:59 PM
1st Gear

I'm from milwaukee wisconsin bro well thanks for ur help I just got the car and my warrenty is expiring in 6000 miles and I don't wanna **** stuff that later on cannot afford to fix it lol wut u all got done to urs do u have an email mah man

Quick Reply: Giac Chip ? HELP ?