B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Help! Weird problems that AutoBody can't fix!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 06:39 PM
1st Gear
Question Help! Weird problems that AutoBody can't fix!

I finally got my car back from the Autobody after 3 months! It has been a very long, tedious and frustrating process for me. By the end, I lost alot of trust for the guys there... Almost felt like nothing would be done unless I called and visited everyday.

Well... here are a couple of problems I noticed and the Autobody shop couldn't fix. I would be grateful if you guys can help me find the cause and the solution!

1. AC: All my freon (R134a) leaked and had to be refilled. After it was charged, we tested the AC.
Problem: The AC would only blow cold air when the temp was set at LOW. Once it was set at 60F it would not be cold.
Is it because it was 32F outside? and maybe the car thinks its not necessary to blow cold air? Is the HVAC system broken or has to be reprogramed?

2. HID: I have DDM 55w 6k kits on my car. As some of you guys know... sometimes it likes to flash a lot of lights on the dashboard (such as ABS, ESP, Airbag). I believe that its caused by insufficient initial surge to fire up the ballast, so i bought the ddm HID harness. The HID harness basically connects both the ballast directly to the battery to give it more power.
Problem: After we installed the harness and turned the lights on, the flashing lights went away but now we have "left and right dipped headlights" code. Is this because there isnt enough power going through the original headlight harness? and thats why the car thinks the headlights are out or not powered?

3. Creaking: Whenever I turn my steering wheel a lot to the left or the right I would hear this weird creaking noises (sounds like old creaky stairs or boat). This is not the case when I am going faster than 10-15mph. It is most prevalent when I am making a U-turn or parking/out of parking.
I did a search and people are saying its the power steering, which I highly doubt cause won't power-steering produce a more high-pitched noise? I am also crossing out tie-rod ends as those were new and replaced on the passenger side. What do you think is causing this? I feel like I first noticed it after I did my own timing belt change, if that helps.

Thanks for the help guys! I would really appreciate anyone's insight on this as most of you guys are probably more knowledgeable than me.