B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

HID Fog lights?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 12:22 AM
1st Gear
Default HID Fog lights?

I am thinking of putting HIDs in for my fog lights, i put hids in for the headlights couple months ago and i dont like how my headlights are blue but my fog lights are halogen still. I am going to get the ones from VVME.com i was wondering do i need the relay harness for them? I know for my headlights i got them from DDM tuning and i didnt get the relay harness and if i turn my headlights on while the car is on it goes crazy and beeps and speedometer doesnt move. i read the VVME ones are plug and play dont need to do much to them i wonder if the DDM ones werent and i need relay harness to stop the warnings coming on (parking break light flash and beep, traction control lights up, etc)

Old 03-11-2012, 11:28 PM
1st Gear

vvme is your best choice.Here you can buy the cheapest product, you can get the best service.I often in vvme.com buy auto hernia headlights.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:28 PM
4th Gear

spike. You get the christmas tree in the dash cause the hid ballast is to close to your abs . It shocks the system when u ignigte the ballast. their are a number of people who have this problem and i believe their are threads on ways to fix it. Moving the ballast. You should not need any type of relay harness for any hid lights in our cars. I have run fogs and headlights for over 4 years from ddm and have not had any problems other the lights lighting up once everynow and then. Im to lazy to pull the headlight and move it under the housing but thats an option. An other is to just not turn on your headlights until your in drive.