B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Immobilizer death

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 04:16 AM
1st Gear

I can't believe how patient you are with the dealership, I'd be pissed off beyond belief by now if that were my car. But I can't wait to hear how this story ends, hopefully they get it working... I don't think you should be charged anything at all honestly.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:18 AM
Last Place - just "necause"

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but I do not believe you should be footing the bill here. That chop shop caused the problem and they should be footing the bill to make it right and also paying for a rental until your car is street worthy.

What is really surprising is the dealer cannot figure this out either. Maybe they need to start from the beginning and remove anything the chop shop did. Get the car running and then install the window harnes again the right way.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:31 PM
1st Gear
Default the end

WELL, THE END HAS COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After being at the dealership for four months, they finally cried uncle on it. They can't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREAKIN AUDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least I now have an answer to my car delima. I got the audi out of the shop and sold it for 2000$. Told the guy who bought it all about the history of the car . He seemed convinced he could find the short and fix it. I wish him all the best luck.

Audi USA sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They basically told me it was my problem and I was stuck with it. I explained to them that it was an audi product and an audi defect and they should compensate me in some kind of way. The lady I talked with said since I took it to an idependant mechanic there was nothing they could do. Even though the audi dealership said the independant mechanic installed the wirring harne4ss correctly.

What can one do?????

Ill never buy an audi ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Last Place - just "necause"

Let me see if I understand this correctly.......

Car was working fine before you had the independent shop work on it.
Afterwards you have issue and now cannot figure out what happened.
You now expect Audi USA to compensate you for something that Audi didn't do.
Because of this you will never buy an Audi again.

Do i have the facts correct? If these are the facts I am trying to follow your logic in this.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Tech Certified

Well here it is from a dealers perspective.

1. It doesn't matter how much the independent dealer pays for anything. They cannot active your immobilizer. You have to be able to connect to the Audi server in Germany and have permission.

2. I guarantee whatever parts were installed were not compatible with the car. The ECM has to be able to read the VIN inside the cluster and the Cluster has to read the VIN inside the ECM.... The VIN has to be downloaded into each via internet connection and the Audi Server.

3. Lazydog has it right. Because the dealer couldn't figure a way out of the mess you allowed someone else to create.... Its their fault...?

This is a bad experience cause by a rash of bad luck. Its not the car's fault. Its the Indy shops

Old 07-02-2012, 11:09 PM
1st Gear
Default Came across this thread, I was the guy who naught this car.

So I bought the car, got it running with an immo defeat on the ecu($120). Slightly overpriced since I learned I could have done this myself. Still has issues though. The remote won't work, climate control only worked in defrost until I cut some wires so it's fixed now but no heated seats. I'll fix those before the winter. In doing all of this I have noticed the wires that hook up to the cluster do not match any of the wiring pinouts. Noticing no washer fluid in the tank turned me on to this because no error comes up. So I'm pretty sure someone did not put this back together correctly. The remote, the tach, and getting the transmission to talk to the cluster are the biggest issues to solve. There is no clutch to push in to start, and when I change the soft coding everything goes to kilometers. Still a good car tho. Any thoughts or wire colors would be awesome. Thanks

Old 07-03-2012, 01:14 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Torchwork
So I bought the car, got it running with an immo defeat on the ecu($120). Slightly overpriced since I learned I could have done this myself. Still has issues though. The remote won't work, climate control only worked in defrost until I cut some wires so it's fixed now but no heated seats. I'll fix those before the winter. In doing all of this I have noticed the wires that hook up to the cluster do not match any of the wiring pinouts. Noticing no washer fluid in the tank turned me on to this because no error comes up. So I'm pretty sure someone did not put this back together correctly. The remote, the tach, and getting the transmission to talk to the cluster are the biggest issues to solve. There is no clutch to push in to start, and when I change the soft coding everything goes to kilometers. Still a good car tho. Any thoughts or wire colors would be awesome. Thanks

So how long has it been since you have had this car from the other guy? something that the dealer could not fixed, you got it fixed.

I don't know how he can blame the dealer for the problem in the first place and not ever again buy an audi. Just because someone who does not know what they are doing and messing up your car does not mean its the dealers fault.

No mater what kind of car you would have, you'll always have problems.

I dont care what other people think about audi's, if you do the service on time and take car of the car it never dies.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:27 AM
1st Gear

I bought t at the end of January, sent the ecu off and was driving it within a few weeks. Just been working on these quarks.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Torchwork
which wired did you cut to get the a.c. to work??? I have done the same thing with an a4 b6 which didn't have the key, had a shop bypass the immobilizer in the ecu. Car stars and runs but no ac, no lock or unlock from the fob, and the hazards (possibly the alarm, not sure cuz the horn in the trunk is disabled) go off for about 10 minutes after the car has been started.​​​​

Old 04-30-2017, 08:12 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Gage ***
which wired did you cut to get the a.c. to work??? I have done the same thing with an a4 b6 which didn't have the key, had a shop bypass the immobilizer in the ecu. Car stars and runs but no ac, no lock or unlock from the fob, and the hazards (possibly the alarm, not sure cuz the horn in the trunk is disabled) go off for about 10 minutes after the car has been started.​​​​
I can't remember and don't have the car anymore. I think it was in the red or brown wiring blocks. Put a multimeter on the wires as you turn the AC on, one of the ones that power up is the one that made my AC go to full defrost. Once I cut that I had normal AC control, but the heated seats didn't work. I ended up selling the car with full disclosure to someone that wires airplanes for Boeing. Saw it on Craigslist a couple months later where the guy completely ruined the car. Broken flywheel, no starter, and back to immobilized. Good luck, I found the wire the first try, it was in the middle and on a top row. I think.

Quick Reply: Immobilizer death