B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

interior lights don't work after fixing sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 12:49 PM
1st Gear
Default interior lights don't work after fixing sunroof

Hey so I had the possessed sunroof and fixed it by bending the metal tabs up in the control.

Now, after all was reconnected and assembled, the Dome light does not work at all...the front maps barely glow (I have red leds for the maps and they have always worked)

I took it apart again just now and reconnected them still same thing.

Checked fuse 14 and thas fine too.

What do you think the issue is?

Old 03-30-2012, 04:54 PM
4th Gear

did u make sure u pushed that black panel on the back of the dome housing in correctly. that black circuit board wont let the lights work properly if its not pushed in correctly. it will snap and sound like u are breaking it. Be firm.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:06 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I made sure they were all clicked in good.. and still nothing...

just the tiny glow of red from the map leds...

Old 03-31-2012, 07:59 AM
1st Gear

Well, the simplest explanation would be that you left a cable disconnected, but if you've eliminated that, I'd then check to make sure you didn't unseat the bulbs - they can be a bit finicky too. Failing that, I suppose there's always the possibility that you discharged some static electricity and zapped something, but that seems pretty unlikely. I've never taken any special precautions with it, and I've never done that, having taken it apart several times.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:29 PM
1st Gear

I looked and everything is still connected right. The thing is that the Map LED have a very dim glow when I turn it on so I know there is a little power going to them however the Dome does not turn on whatsoever.

this is boggling my mind!

Old 04-02-2012, 04:59 PM
1st Gear

Okay so I just measured the voltage of the Dome and its as follows:

Off = 0V, Door on = 0V, ON = 0.0133V

same thing with the Map lights.

I took it apart again and disconnected everything and reconnected it and no go.

I checked fuses and they're all okay. Doesn't look like anything is messed up on the Dome/Map control board, all the ground are good.

One thing I did notice is that I don't have a wire thats in the pic of the a4mod.com pic. I will circle in blue what I don't have...I want to know if thats an addition they did or if it is something OEM I am missing

anyway, that was never there for me and wasn't an issue before.

Attached Thumbnails interior lights don't work after fixing sunroof-img_1367.jpg  
Old 04-02-2012, 05:57 PM
4th Gear

that blue line is the hardline for the radar detector. That black cover is the thing im referring too. The part the goes over the map lights make sure that is seated right. If u are getting a dim lit i would say make sure thats snapped in right. I know mine would go out interminetly and i had to pull the assembly and that black part had undone it self enough to not make contact on the grounding points.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:51 AM
1st Gear

Okay I was thinking it was maybe radar or something. Okay I will pull it apart again today and make sure its all seated properly.

Also....I forgot to mention, since this issue has been here, my alarm armed chirp no longer goes of. So I have to make sure I am watching the car to see if it locked. I hit the panic button too to see if maybe it was just the locking of the car that wasn't working but that too has no sound anymore...it just flashes............

Old 04-03-2012, 11:33 AM
4th Gear

is your red light solid or does it flash still?

Old 04-03-2012, 11:41 AM
1st Gear

solid for about 10-15 sec then it'll flash

Quick Reply: interior lights don't work after fixing sunroof