B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

K04 Upgrade? Need Advice!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 02:43 AM
1st Gear

I would also like to know what the best Diverter Valve would be? I was thinking about the Forge SPLTR... But I don't know if it is good or not? Any advice would be appreciated!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:03 AM
1st Gear

A lot of people run the Spltr or the Forge 004. I will be intalling my SPLTR valve today so I will try and post my thoughts on it.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:46 PM

Can you point me to the K04 if you dont want it?

Old 12-05-2008, 02:17 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Ultrasport Demon
Thank you! That is what I wanted to know. If it will not be worth the money I will just go with upgrades on the stock turbo for now. I don't want to waste that much money on a turbo upgrade if I don't have to. But I do have another question. If I upgrade my injectors and fuel pump on the stock turbo with the ecu, intake, diverter valve, and exhaust... will it have an effect or should I just not do it and wait for a new turbo?
Alright dude, you got long ways to go but you're trying . Im under the impression that you think an ECU upgrade is a new ECU itself, as in hardware. Its a SOFTWARE upgrade, meaning, when you put beefier injectors(ie 380cc's) , you'll need a new software flash, or an ECU upgrade. Intake is fine, DV you'll need at least a Bosch 710n or a Forge 007/006. If you want the "chirping" you'll get an 004 or splitter. Research, theres a bunch. Exhaust will be fine. Your fuel pump is good til 400whp so you wont have to ever worry bout that. Contact your soon-to-be tuner and ask them questions bout what youll need for their software mappings.

Krystalblue: I knew all that months before, I've done research so don't doubt me. I was trying to get across to you that the K03 and "
K03s have similar power outputs. There were a few B5's running a custom bigger injector file that had the same power as a B6 running a +1. The new design of the K03s wasn't primarily built for 20chp more. It was the tuning that made the difference. And if you had read my post correctly you'd realize I focused on this guy's B6, not you, so go on about tuning your CVT

Doc: going for the K04 Outlaw again?

Old 12-06-2008, 11:53 AM
1st Gear

Fair enough euro2nr, i have read alot of your posts and I do respect your knowledge. I wasn't doubting you its just that I feared if ultrasportdemon did go ahead with the k04 and all the supporting mods he for $2000+ may have been slightly disappointed with the final results especially when he realized that the output of a ko4 compared to a fully tuned ko3s may have not been significant enough to justify the money spent.
I myself would switch to the ko4 if my ko3s **** the bed but I certainly wouldn't replace a perfectly good ko3s for the ko4. If I were to spend money on an upgrade I would go with an eliminator setup.
Thanks for the dig on my CVT though. I have given up on putting any more power through it than what I currently have. Regardless of what I've learned can be done about getting more power out of it I'm not going to push it. If I did blow it I would kick myself in the *** for having to spend thousands to either fix or replace the tranny when that money could have gone to appearance upgrades or a significant down payment on another a4 with quattro and manual. Plus I am already losing traction on hard accelerations from a standing start, almost like I need two more tires assisting in distributing that power(this is me saying that I would want a Quattro if I were going to push more power).
Any how my next step is purchasing a b6 maybe b7 quattro w/manual tranny and keeping my current b6 for just what I wanted it for in the first place a fun, supa sexy(imo, which is the only one that matters to me) daily driver.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

No I knew that the ecu was a software upgrade... I just like to say ecu upgrade lol. Yeah I don't know about a new diverter valve... I have looked and researched all of the previously posted ones and I have no clue which one to get. I don't know which one will be the best... and I don't know which one will sound the best. I hate the ricey sounding ones... I just want a valve that sounds more aggressive.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:51 AM
3rd Gear

Then just get a 007 from Forge. No ricey noise and an indestructable bypass valve

Old 12-09-2008, 01:50 AM
1st Gear

Sounds like a sweet plan! I will let you all know how it goes... I am starting to order everything soon.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:56 AM
1st Gear

I was reading up on the Forge 007 Diverter Valve though... and it said that the exterior noise will be minimum. Is this Valver quieter than stock? If so I would like a more aggressive sounding almost mean Diverter Valve. If not though I will go with this.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:37 AM
3rd Gear

Well any DV DOESN'T make any noise. BOV's do. If you want ANY noise whatsoever then you gotta get the spltr. Its adjustable. For intake noise you can always get a cone filter intake.

Quick Reply: K04 Upgrade? Need Advice!