B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Motoza Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 01:33 AM
1st Gear
Default Motoza Tuning

Looking for info from anyone that has had experience with Motoza Tuning. I've been looking into chip tunes for my 02 1.8t quattro and haven't been able to find any reviews on them and their site doesn't really give any ballpark power gain expectations. Any info from someone who has had experience with them would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 02-11-2012, 08:11 AM
1st Gear

Disclaimer: this is not my personal experience, but rather the experience of others that I've read.

There have been a few folks over on Audizine who've used them to tune their Frankenturbo setups and been pleased with the results. You'll have to dig through the 72 page Frankenturbo thread in the B6 forum over there to find the details, but IIRC they were getting some of the best FT results out there (something like 225HP+ at the wheels, which, allowing for about 25% loss through the drivetrain, is close to 300 at the clutch). I would guess that their stage 1 and stage 1+ tunes are similarly good, but I haven't seen anybody post about them.

Between those results and the fact that you essentially get a VAG-com unit rolled into the price of their tunes, I'm seriously considering using them myself when/if I've got the money.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:25 AM
1st Gear

Im currently looking into them myself very well priced and seen some good words about them just emailed the company for a little more information I was looking for

Old 02-11-2012, 08:58 AM
1st Gear

Definitely post back with your experience if you end up going with them, and just as importantly, if not, why you decide not to.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:04 PM
1st Gear

I sent them an email and Dave responded the next day with some good information on their services. I have some other stuff I need to buy first, but will def end up giving them a try. It seems like a relatively simple process and even though I'm only interested in the stage 1 tune for now, it's nice to know future tunes will be easy since I'll already have the plug-in. I'll certainly post reviews once it's done.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:01 PM
1st Gear

I have an 01 with an FT setup on it. I've been talking to him for a few weeks now and I ordered it about a week ago. Dave is building my base file right now as I figure out some vacuum issues on my car. So far he has been great answering questions I have and responding very quickly.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:04 PM
1st Gear

Ordered yesterday will have it tomorrow flashing this weekend will keep updated

Old 02-18-2012, 09:51 PM
1st Gear

UPDATE: I have nothing but great things to say about this company and tune. Dave helped me every step and it was such a simple process and the turn around was very quick! I am beyond pleased with the results can notice a great difference. I ended up going stage one with a Forge hybrid diverter valve. I HIGHLY recommend Motoza!

Old 02-18-2012, 11:43 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the review. Do you notice the gains at lower or higher rpms?

Old 02-19-2012, 08:49 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by FulhamFTW
Thanks for the review. Do you notice the gains at lower or higher rpms?
I wanna say lower the turbo spools up at lower rpms now! I haven't driven it too much I would like to try and get a video once I get some time

Quick Reply: Motoza Tuning