B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

oil and mait.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 09:49 AM
1st Gear
Default oil and mait.

So...I was under my car to change the oil 2 days ago and as im having a hell of a time trying to remove the cover underneath i notice that i dont even need to do this at all as the DEALER just cut a whole where the oil pan is to be able to drain the oil more easily. I was actually happy at this because it did make it more easy for me haha... but this was just one more thing to me that proves how terrible the service quality is from audi of america. ( along with the 5 screws missing from the under engine cover). also i was wondering if audi changed the size of the oil filters due to sludge problems that people can have....one i took out (wix i believe) was much smaller than the one that i put in and i know the dealer did the crap job cause i got the car direct off a 3 year lease

Old 09-25-2008, 10:22 AM
1st Gear

thats why there called stealerships!

Old 09-25-2008, 11:11 AM
4th Gear

what fliter u use. The mobile 1 is a really big filter. Its so big its hard to squeeze in threw the top. But it fits!

Old 09-25-2008, 12:03 PM
1st Gear

yes i used the mobile 1 filter.....it didnt work at first becuase it was so hard to screw in so i went down to the dealer and got the filter they use down there....turns out it is the same size so anyways I eventually got the mobile 1 in and now i have a filter for my next change haha......again i would return it but the STEALERSHIP lol charges a 40%! "restocking" fee hahaha I asked them to explain that to me

Old 09-25-2008, 12:06 PM
1st Gear

by the way used mobile 1 0w 40 synthetic oil too heard this works really good but im skeptical using it thru the harsh winters where im at (upstate NY) will this oil be ok to use thru the nasty winters? Cant wait to use the AWD with the beefy snow tires im gunna get tho