B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Turn Signal Light Socket

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Default Turn Signal Light Socket

Hi all,
This is my first post and I have read and searched the site looking for the answer first but can't seem to find it, so here it goes:

I have an 02 A4 Quattro 3.0
the console informed me the driver front turn signal was out so I pulled the assembly out to verify. I removed the black plastic socket that houses the light bulb (the socket you have to turn a quarter turn and then wiggle to get out) and replaced the bulb. This did not work so I swapped the socket with the passenger front turn signal socket and it worked. This verified that it was the socket that was not working. On closer inspection it appears one of the 3 silver contacts is discolored showing signs of a possible short due to maybe excess moisture.

Since then I have been to many parts dealers (ie: Pep Boys, Auto Zone, Schucks, etc...) and none of them have the turn signal socket. I searched the internet for the Valeo PA6 GF30 and have not found any parts dealers carrying it. Has any one had a similar problem and found a replacement? If so could you please list a link to the website for me and anyone who might have this problem in the future?

Old 04-06-2009, 04:36 PM
1st Gear

i went to the dealership.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:17 PM

Yeah I was hoping to avoid that if possible. It is an hour away but I appreciate the advice.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:06 AM

dealer did mine too...

Old 04-10-2009, 04:01 PM

Dealership seems to be the consensus on this one. Thanks for the info daghstdrummer.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:11 AM
Default *Update*

So I ended up having to go to the dealership. The part specifically is called the Lampenfassung on the packaging and BULBHOLDER on the receipt. The part number is 8E0-953-053-A. It comes in a sealed plastic bag and ran me US $28.89 at Audi dealership in Jax. Hope this helps if anyone else has this problem in the future. I will try and post picks of the burned out contact on the part.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:29 PM
1st Gear

I just bought one of these myself today. Any things to look out for when replacing the socket? From what I understand there are two torx screws that need to come out and two you need to loosen to open up the HL cover. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Default Dealer Vs Online

http://www.worldimpex.com/parts/genu...dr_196937.html

I turned this link up using the part number as a google search. There are probably other places to get this bulb holder online, rather than going to the dealer. It's about the same price either way, depending on where you are.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:15 PM

http://www.checkanumber.com/advsearch.php?

You can also go here, and I found the US Spec bulb holders for $15 from a parts house in Mass.

Good luck!

Old 05-10-2011, 08:58 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation davisbr9 where in Mass?

Hey Davisbr9, I live just outside of Boston and I have the same year and model (4.2L) and same problem. What parts house were you able to find this part in? I love not giving the dealership my money so this would be a huge help... And I need to get my car inspected and this socket is really holding me back.

Thanks for your help so far guys.

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Light Socket