B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Updated pics and video of CF dual projector LED headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Default Updated pics and video of CF dual projector LED headlights

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showpo...6&postcount=31

Old 03-29-2009, 06:54 PM
1st Gear

looks great where did you find those at?

Old 03-29-2009, 07:17 PM

^^^Thanks. I found them in my garage, lol. Complete custom made.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:17 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by SouthDakotaA6
looks great where did you find those at?
I'm guessing you only read the pictures in the thread...

I saw this earlier on AZ. I'm not sold on the LED's though. Makes your front look a little too busy IMO. Good **** Lee

Old 03-30-2009, 12:52 AM

where can i get those rs4 replicas besides purems.com? theyre really expensive on there.. or is that the cheapest i can find them?

Old 03-30-2009, 10:24 AM
3rd Gear

VMR is the manufacturer, so you can try negotiating with them. Otherwise check the Classifieds

Old 03-30-2009, 11:29 AM
4th Gear

it dosent look bad i see u decided to not leave the silver carbon fiber. It looked tacky so good choice there. Those leds though look to spaced out. and not bright enough. But a+ for effort it looks nice

Old 03-30-2009, 02:21 PM

Funny you should mention that. There are currently 12 LED's. When I had 13, spacing them closer together, everyone on AZ said they were too close together. They are now spaced almost identical to the OE models they were patterned off of (even a little closer than the new TT LED's), with the brightest single LED's you can buy.
As for the brightness in a picture, the camera settings are at extreme dark so the LED's could be seen individually. Otherwise, with normal camera settings, it looks almost like one strip of light, and the focus goes out of whack because the camera is blinded by them. The shots where they are out of the car and look dim are from being connected to a drained battery I had lying around. In the car, I can't shoot straight in to the LED's or the camera goes whack.
They light up my garage door at night from 20 feet away. They are extremely bright; that's why I made them so they dim when the headlights come on. They are actually as bright as the low beams (in intensity, not distance) otherwise.
Just goes to show that everyone's opinion will differ. They are, after many design changes, exactly what I was looking for. It works for me.
The LED's weren't what I was pusing as much as the dual projectors, anyhow. Everyone is slapping cheap LED's in their housings and calling it a day. I have yet to see anyone with dual projector housings.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:22 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jaw knee
where can i get those rs4 replicas besides purems.com? theyre really expensive on there.. or is that the cheapest i can find them?
If your whining about $175 per wheel. You should look into getting used wheels or something else. IMO you get what you pay for with wheels. Did you see how much BBS, Iforged, HRE's cost? Makes the VMR wheels look like chump change. Another piece of advice is DON'T cheap out on the tires, they do make a difference.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:27 PM
4th Gear

yea either way though i think they look hawt. How much u charge to do that to a set of stocks with those leds and maybe color the chrome black?? cUz im to much of a chicken to pull apart a 300 dollar housing

Quick Reply: Updated pics and video of CF dual projector LED headlights