AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B6 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b6-models-70/)
-   -   Very High Idle in Park (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b6-models-70/very-high-idle-park-141391/)

pa4ul 01-04-2010 12:21 PM

Yes you probably have a check valve that is cracked. There is 5 of them i believe on the 1.8 motor.

mudwalker 01-04-2010 02:31 PM

Simple stuff first........floor mat on the pedal? Sorry had to ask.

dafowler88 01-04-2010 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by mudwalker (Post 1162020)
Simple stuff first........floor mat on the pedal? Sorry had to ask.

You're joking right? Lol..

dafowler88 01-04-2010 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by pa4ul (Post 1161984)
Yes you probably have a check valve that is cracked. There is 5 of them i believe on the 1.8 motor.

Such a damn headache!!

Thanks for the advice tho.. :)

pos04audiA41.8 01-28-2010 03:28 AM

Not sure if you figured it out but yes, a vac leak can cause a high idle. A bad PCV valve will though cause your car to idle low and misfire typically...

Lets say one of your check valves was on it's way out and leaked. Your ECU will send a signal to send less fuel and or add more air. Lets say that check valve completely failed after this. Well your ECU has adapted to the problem by adjusting the air fuel mixture and now the failed check valve internal valve parts are now blocking the air/breather line. I've never seen it get that high before but you never know. Pinch off all your vac lines one at a time (pliers/vice grips work well) while your car is in on and in park (with the e-brake on!!!!). You are essentially creating a check valve. If it's a leak and not a blocked line, it should level out the idle..

I was also going to add that you could have a bad throttly body motor... You'd have to replace the entire throttly body. If there is a "flat" on the motor meaning it has lost tolerance in the idle phase which has less power, it will struggle to idle and in some circumstances raise the idle because it needs that much power to operate.

dafowler88 03-06-2010 05:07 PM

I have found that my Pressure Regulator Valve has a leak. I'm not sure if that's normal or not though. Any thoughts on that? I am probably going to order a new one from ECS to see if that fixes the problem. I will post results. I also checked all of the check valves, and all of them look ok except for the one above and behind the air intake box on the left side of the engine. However, I don't think it's leaking or anything. Just may be coroded on the inside like it is on the outside. Any further suggestions? Thanks again.

tmic0723 03-06-2010 06:33 PM

I have the exact same problem on my 2002 a4 1.8t. high idle in park, specifically when i haven't driven the car in a while (by a while i mean the next morning when i go to school or after 6+ hours basically)....

I haven't really cared to find the problem because it goes away once the car is warm and is only when I'm in park...

But similar problem to you. Let me know if you find the solution and how much it costs you.

James Jaffier 10-22-2019 10:57 AM

lower front bumper grill

does the lower front bomper grill for a audi q7 2008 come with a cover