B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Wiper Blade and Wiper Blade Clip 2002 A4

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Default Wiper Blade and Wiper Blade Clip 2002 A4

I recently went to Walmart to look for winshield wipers for my 2002 A4 3.0L. The wiper blade catalog indicated I should purchase RAIN-X 21" blades. When I attempted to install them, I found that the Audi OE blades have a clip that must be depressed to unlock the blade from the arm. I am probably not the first person to do this, but I snapped a piece off that keeps the blade attached. If you look a the picture of the clip below, you will see that the clip is missing part of the plastic hook in the middle. I tried AutoZone and a few other local parts stores and they all said their database tells them the part is only available OE (aka from the dealer). I went today to the Audi dealer and picked up 2 new blades, and a new clip. Blades were priced at 26$ each and the clip was 2$ (US). The first picture is of the blade itself. I believe some Audis are equipped with a different style blade but this one is the most common. The last picture is a picture of the blade along with the parts information in case any one has a similar problem and needs to call ahead to the dealership. I hope this clears up some questions that might be out there. The part information is as follows:

Wiper Blade: 8E0-955-425-A
Clip: 8E0-955-247

Attached Thumbnails Wiper Blade and Wiper Blade Clip 2002 A4-wiper.jpg   Wiper Blade and Wiper Blade Clip 2002 A4-clip.jpg   Wiper Blade and Wiper Blade Clip 2002 A4-wiper-package.jpg  
Old 08-22-2010, 02:27 PM
jma

I put RainX Latitude blades on my '03 with a bit of a "hack". If you remove the whole clip assembly from the wiper arm, you'll be left with the arm and a roughly 3/8" hole where the clip was. It takes a bit of effort, but you can pop it out without breaking it. Rain-X includes a bunch of clip adapters with the Latitude; one fits in the arm channel and aligns with the holes. A bolt can then be used to hold everything in place.

I still have to paint the bolts I used (my entire car is black, and the bolts are silver), but it's totally worth the temporary semi-ghetto look to be able to use these blades. They're hands-down the best I've ever had on any car.

Old 09-05-2010, 12:33 AM
1st Gear

of you can buy aftermarket wiper arms which is what i did. definately worth the money.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:27 PM
1st Gear

What if you have Aero blades? And where is the cheapest place that sells the motor/transmission assembly

Old 09-06-2010, 10:38 PM

Def buy after market ones just broke the clip and the plastic piece that holds the clip then had to buy the whole arm from the dealer for $60

Old 02-17-2011, 04:05 AM
1st Gear
Old 08-24-2011, 09:48 PM
1st Gear
Cool Audi A4 wiper clips and blades

Originally Posted by triad
I recently went to Walmart to look for winshield wipers for my 2002 A4 3.0L. The wiper blade catalog indicated I should purchase RAIN-X 21" blades. When I attempted to install them, I found that the Audi OE blades have a clip that must be depressed to unlock the blade from the arm. I am probably not the first person to do this, but I snapped a piece off that keeps the blade attached. If you look a the picture of the clip below, you will see that the clip is missing part of the plastic hook in the middle. I tried AutoZone and a few other local parts stores and they all said their database tells them the part is only available OE (aka from the dealer). I went today to the Audi dealer and picked up 2 new blades, and a new clip. Blades were priced at 26$ each and the clip was 2$ (US). The first picture is of the blade itself. I believe some Audis are equipped with a different style blade but this one is the most common. The last picture is a picture of the blade along with the parts information in case any one has a similar problem and needs to call ahead to the dealership. I hope this clears up some questions that might be out there. The part information is as follows:

Wiper Blade: 8E0-955-425-A
Clip: 8E0-955-247
triad;
The blades you bought are overpriced, and the clips are useless if the rest of the plastic body for the clip is broken,the best bet is take your car to the Audi dealer and get the right blade,if you go to wall mart to buy parts for an Audi you should know is not going to work

Old 04-10-2013, 07:39 AM
1st Gear
Thumbs down Audi A4 Wiper Blade Clip 01-07 Fits Most Models see picture

Know these are hard to get but seen these in ebay attached picture

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190823426685

Attached Thumbnails Wiper Blade and Wiper Blade Clip 2002 A4-wiper-clips.jpg  
Old 11-18-2014, 07:44 PM
1st Gear

Can anyone tell me exactly what years/models wiperarms will fit on a 2002 A4T??

I went to the dealer in Des Moines because the plastic piece that pops into the metal arm, that you attach the blade to, is broken. It basically disintegrated when I turned them on for the first snow. Get this, the little plastic piece is "part of the arm", and cannot be purchased separately $111 plus 7%. I may have to sell the stupid thing before it gives me a stroke. What kind of Aholes would put a piece of crap plastic part between two metal ones? Brilliant!

Last edited by KerryMonroe; 11-18-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:15 PM
3rd Gear

Without hacking or customizing, I found only OE blades from Audi fit my fleet. Yes, they are a little pricey, but I also found they last longer than the $10-15 blades from Walmart.

Quick Reply: Wiper Blade and Wiper Blade Clip 2002 A4