B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

2007 A4 Wont Turnover, Hearing an alarm! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 06:43 PM
1st Gear
Default 2007 A4 Wont Turnover, Hearing an alarm! Help!

Hey people!

First of all, I am new to this site, and am pretty car-inept, so if you can offer any help, please speak as if you are talking to a 4 year old! :P

Alright, here's the problem:

My 2007 a4 was driving perfectly as of yesterday. I went to start it up today and it was turning over, but after about a second the car would turn off. I tried revving the engine as soon as it turned over, and it worked for a second, but then turned off again.

I tried replacing the battery in my fob, the problem stayed the same, except now my fob wont work to unlock/lock/pop the trunk. I tried re-synchronizing my key in a variety of different ways (the ignition trick - unlock,turn to accessory, turn off, unlock... as well as the driver side door trick -- left right left) and my key has yet to synchronize itself. It might also be useful to know that the battery is in correctly, as the red light on the fob flashes as I press any buttons.

I popped the hood upon failing to start my car, and heard an alarm sound for probably 5-10 seconds... this happened after every attempt.

Also strange is the fact that if I am standing outside of my car, and hit the unlock button on my fob, the air conditioning/heating control panel and the hazards button light up as if all of my lights were on... but my car doors still dont respond to the fob... and all other lights (radio panel, etc) stay off.

Lastly, on the control panel above my speedometer, the only symbol that lights up is the airbag symbol... no other ones...

If anyone can offer advice, I would be extremely grateful

Thank you in advance,
Stefano

Old 03-10-2013, 03:52 PM
1st Gear

Where to start? In taking the battery out of your fob you lost the syn- need a dealer or automotive computer to reset. Engine problem sounds like fuel-Could be a fuel pump or injector. Could also be a coil gone bad-each spark plug has one and one bad one can cause behaviour as you describe. Look for a good German car repair/tuning shop as they tend to be more knowledgeable, have not factory " line to tow" and it will help to compare/keep the Audi dealerships honest. A proper diagnostic should help- good luck

Old 03-11-2013, 11:31 AM
2nd Gear

When you open the driver's door do you hear the fuel pump priming? If not then I would start there as the pump is not getting power (blown fuse possibly).

If you have two sets of keys you should be able to reprogram them yourself. I do not recall the procedure. It is on the forum just search for it.

Another item to check is the battery. Sometimes they hold enough juice to crank the engine, but not enough for the ignition system to fire correcty.

Otherwise a tow to a respected mechanic might be your only other option.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:09 PM
1st Gear

So for some reason my car is running again... didnt start up too smoothly the first time, but now its alright. My malfunction indicator light is on, off to the dealer for me.