B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Aftermarket Navigation Install on Bose System

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Default Aftermarket Navigation Install on Bose System

Hi Everyone,

I've searched high and low and cannot find any information regarding this topic. Basically I just purchased a 2007 A4 about 3 weeks ago. It has the premium Bose system installed. Basically I want to upgrade to a Pioneer Aftermarket Navigation system. The AVIC-U310BT. I know there is the factory amplifier that runs to the rear speakers in the A4. I've asked my friends that work for a car installation place and even they are unfamiliar with how an install like this would work since the Bose system tends to have a bad rap when it comes to trying to upgrade.

What I would like to know is if anyone else has done (or seen) an install with a similar aftermarket nav unit with a Bose system. If so, what are the wiring challenges that I'll need to overcome and what harnesses do I need to purchase to make this happen? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by suzuki16
Hi Everyone,

I've searched high and low and cannot find any information regarding this topic. Basically I just purchased a 2007 A4 about 3 weeks ago. It has the premium Bose system installed. Basically I want to upgrade to a Pioneer Aftermarket Navigation system. The AVIC-U310BT. I know there is the factory amplifier that runs to the rear speakers in the A4. I've asked my friends that work for a car installation place and even they are unfamiliar with how an install like this would work since the Bose system tends to have a bad rap when it comes to trying to upgrade.

What I would like to know is if anyone else has done (or seen) an install with a similar aftermarket nav unit with a Bose system. If so, what are the wiring challenges that I'll need to overcome and what harnesses do I need to purchase to make this happen? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Off topic, but would you be willing to sell your factory unit?? If so, how much? My '06 Symphony II doesn't play MP3 cds. Thanks.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by jentech
Off topic, but would you be willing to sell your factory unit?? If so, how much? My '06 Symphony II doesn't play MP3 cds. Thanks.
I figured out what I need and have my new radio on order. It's through an accommodation program so I'm simply waiting for it to come in the mail. It may be another week or so before they ship it.

So yes whenever I get it and do the install I'll be willing to sell my factory Symphony II+. It does play mp3 CDs which is nice. I'm putting it up for $350 which includes shipping and handling. If you're interested let me know and I'll PM you whenever I get my new radio in the mail and install it.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by suzuki16
I figured out what I need and have my new radio on order. It's through an accommodation program so I'm simply waiting for it to come in the mail. It may be another week or so before they ship it.

So yes whenever I get it and do the install I'll be willing to sell my factory Symphony II+. It does play mp3 CDs which is nice. I'm putting it up for $350 which includes shipping and handling. If you're interested let me know and I'll PM you whenever I get my new radio in the mail and install it.
Sent you a pm.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:47 PM

Hey Suzuki - would you mind posting what you found out regarding the install. I've got a similar situation - I have to replace my NAV system though.

Thanks

Old 08-26-2009, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by qed25
Hey Suzuki - would you mind posting what you found out regarding the install. I've got a similar situation - I have to replace my NAV system though.

Thanks
Here's some great info given to me on another site.

Basically you want to get the Connects2 unit ($110) and the Metra Dash Kit ($35). Both can be found on Enfig here: http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...UDI_A4_07.html It costs money, but you'll regret doing this on the cheap.

Here's some info that a person from Enfig gave me that really shed some light.
The reason for the price of the Connects2 is simple; Steering wheel control retention.

Look at the price of the Connects2 versus buying 3(yes 3) PAC interfaces to retain the steering wheel controls.

For example if you were to do what advan24r with PAC pieces you would need
PAC C2R-VW
PAC SWI-CAN
PAC SWI-JACK

Also keep in mind it needs to be programmed (it can get to be a BIGG PITA with the scroll selection wheel to get it to program, imagine having to roll it 20 clicks within a 3 second programming span). The Connects2 is a quality part, no need for programming and no delay when using the steering wheel controls. It interfaces VERY well with the Bose and makes an install that most shops would charge hundreds to do very simple and DIY-friendly.
Enfig also has the option to where you can mail them your wiring harness that comes with your new in-dash unit and for $50 they'll wire it up to the connects 2 for you. Then when you get it all you have to do is plug one end into the car connectors and the other end into the new unit and then you're done. So for me it's worth it. Total I'm looking at $110+$35+$50 = $195+shipping and any applicable tax.

Here's a link to my thread on another forum. Someone posted pictures of their install on an S4 and it looks really nice. *Also keep in mind all the info I've posted here is for a 2007 A4 B7. So if you have a different car your install parts might be slightly different.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...83#post4008683