B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Audi of America snubbed me!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 01:08 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi of America snubbed me!

I'm pissed. So pissed I am going to have my attorney file a letter demanding them to repair the cosmetic issues with my car that were present when I first purchased the car. Audi talked with my dealer and came back with the same response "there is nothing more we can do at this time for you." **** that.

**** Audi USA and Niello Audi.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:12 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Audi of America snubbed me!

Whats the problem? Did you present the problem when you bought the car? Is it used?

Old 02-14-2008, 03:04 PM
1st Gear

I bought the car brand new from the dealer. The outstanding problems are (1) oxidized aluminum window trim (2) steering wheel shake at freeway speeds (3) excessive creaking in the headliner (4) hard engine start when turning over... almost a knocking.

The car has been in the shop for 2 out of the 6 months I've owned it. The first problem was a pull to the right on the freeway that wasn't resolved until the 5th alignment job! During that process they replaced the wheels and tires and ever since I've had the shake/shimmy problems.

I'm so mad I can't even express it. Only 3,900 miles on the car and I have service records back to the first time I took it in to them at 150 miles! The car does run OK when running but is not what I would expect out of a $40k Audi.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm make believe

So let me get this strait. You bought a car that wasnt up to par and you are bitching? Not to be to mean, but your stupid for buying it. You really should of just got a differnt one and not dealt with it

Old 02-14-2008, 04:28 PM
1st Gear

The test drive didn't identify the issues or I wouldn't have. Literally the very next day the sun was right and you could see the window trim, the alignment became evident and all of the other issues started to develop. I wouldn't have bought it if it were any other way. I'm no idiot, but thanks for the vote of confidence.

Aside from that, at the time, it was the only MT6 they had with the options I wanted on the sheets for the forseeable future.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:29 PM
1st Gear

Aside from that, even if the issues were present, since I didn't notice them it doesn't matter. They are still defects in the car. It was brand new and thus should be fixed to represent that.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:02 PM
1st Gear

Did you go to Audi or did your dealer go to Audi? It sounds like your dealer is dicking you over.I don't think therewould have been any need for the dealership to contact Audi in this case.What would they contact them for? To ask forthe ok to fix thecar?
Contact Audi anddemand a written explanation as to why your carwon't be repaired. Tell them it is for your attorney and for the fans on the various Audi forums.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:31 PM
3rd Gear

The creeking noise is a common problem.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:57 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ocadam

The creaking noise is a common problem.
What is this creaking noise? What causes it, where is it coming from?

It is common for autobody structures to creak or make noise in extreme cold, but I gather that is not the situation here.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:03 AM
1st Gear

Do not delay. Document every last detail of this that you can while your memory is the freshest, then contact your state's attorney general's office for information on how to approach this as a consumer fraud issue, with the goal of returning the vehicle for a complete refund under whatever is your local version of a lemon law.

Very often just mentioning the attorney general, or governmental/legal intervention, will cause huge changes in attitude and level of cooperation.

Do not delay — move on this now. Whether the dealer chooses to respond to the heightened focus on the issue, or you simply return the car using this process, your problem will be resolved.

Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Audi of America snubbed me!