B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Cold Air Intake for 2007 Audi A4 2.0t?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 02:03 PM
1st Gear
Default Cold Air Intake for 2007 Audi A4 2.0t?

Anyone have a Cold Air intake for a 2007 Audi A4 2.0t B7 model for sale??? I am looking to put one of my car. Carbonio, AEM, want something name brand no knock offs. Lemme know

Old 01-07-2013, 05:14 PM
2nd Gear

Save your money for something more worthwhile. The stock intake has been proven to flow enough air to support over 400chp so until you go BT, that 300 bucks on an intake is a waste. I would, however, recommend dropping a panel ITG filter in; they're far more reliable than K&N, and far better flowing than any paper filter will ever be. Worth every penny IMHO.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:41 AM
1st Gear

I am looking for some spooling noise from my turbo tho. Now that I have my chip in and my PSI is around 17 the sound would deff make the car sound like it should

Old 01-08-2013, 05:29 PM
2nd Gear

An ITG panel filter with the stock airbox will open up some of that noise- not quite as much, but some (I know because that's exactly what I have right now). But really, any cone filter on the turbo inlet pipe will make all that noise. You don't have to spend unnecessary hundreds of dollars on a name brand intake if all you're after is the sound.

ITG makes cone filters as well- they're not too much more than K&N and absolutely worth the extra cost. K&N retains their "maximum air flow" by not really actually stopping much dirt from getting into the intake- I've seen it, thats how I know. Had one on my B5 and when I pulled the intake piping off to change out a broken accordion hose, the whole inside of the piping as well as the MAF was coated with the oil from the filter and there was tons of dirt particles caught in it all. I'm legitimately surprised I never got a CEL for the MAF being covered like it was, or any serious internal damage from the dirt. ITG is unquestionably where its at; if you really want the sound without the absurd (albeit unnecessary cost) get one of those and just stick it on the end of the MAF housing.

I experimented on my car with a cheap-o spectre cone filter from pep boys just to see how big the sound difference actually was and it is VERY noticeably louder; I'm planning to follow my own advice given here soon as I have the extra pennies to spend and get the ITG cone filter. I admit, I like the louder spooling sound as well (though many have and will continue to flame that as a "ricey" pleasure, but whatever) but I don't trust any other filter than ITG after seeing how lousy the "reputable" and "all amazing" K&N actually was, so I'm still running the stock intake with ITG panel drop in for now until my build budget allows the cone ITG (being that, performance wise, its not necessary yet, I haven't made it a high-priority purchase). Hope this helps

Old 01-09-2013, 10:04 AM
1st Gear

Never heard of the ITG panel filter, but thanks a lot man!! I am really nervous on doing any cone filter seeing how I am very new to the Audi world and have heard so much negative things about doing it.. Makes me very mad haha. Carbonio sounds so good but i can not see myself paying that much, when I could spend that on a s-line trunk lip and have it painted for that price haha

Old 01-09-2013, 05:13 PM
2nd Gear

^Exactly. Especially considering how very little it actually does for the car. What negative things have you heard about using a cone filter? I've been with Audis for over 4 years and never heard anything about cone filters other than they don't do squat for DD performance- just make noise. But yea, ITG is the $hit, look into it. They're hard to come by locally; your average parts store won't have it (autozone, pepboys etc) but if you've maybe got a performance or custom tuning shop near you, they might have one; otherwise you'll just have to order it online. Seriously worth every penny though.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:34 PM
1st Gear

you actually get more spooiling noise from it even tho its still a drop in filter?

Old 01-09-2013, 07:39 PM
2nd Gear

A little bit. Definitely not as much as the cone filter, but it opens up a lot more than the paper filters. I would also imagine, though don't hold me to this cuz I'm still pretty new to boost and thus don't know for sure, but I would think since you're tuned and boosting more, you might even hear it more than I do since I'm still stock as far as software goes. I just know I can hear mine a lot more with the ITG drop in than when I bought it, but when I put the cheap cone on to see what the sound difference was between the two, it was an even bigger difference; and the pressure dump on release of throttle is very amplified too through the stock DV. The whole bit of it was louder with a cone on there so I'm hoping to get one back on soon as I can spare the $70 for ITG's cone.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:14 PM
1st Gear

i think im gonna order an ITG drop in then for now and see if i get anymore spooling.. Im pushing 17 PSI and also just had my DV and Cam Follower replaced so hopefully I will here a lilttle more.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:14 PM
2nd Gear

Sounds good; you'll definitely hear it a lot more than you do now, but the most noticeable will be with the cone. Mostly because the airbox dampens a lot of the sound; it still flows as much air, as I said, but all that plastic surrounding the air flow drastically reduces the audible sound of air being compressed.