B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

mot fail headlight adjustment help

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 04:35 PM
1st Gear
Default mot fail headlight adjustment help

Hello everyone my a4 b7 avant failed today on the drivers side headlight adjustment as the beam is totally out. All i have been told is the reflector has come off the adjuster so they need to see if it just needs popping back on or if I need a new headlight.

I'm presuming the kid at Halfords popped it off when I had new bulbs fitted.

The thing is the garage is saying it's a bumper off job and due to work commitments I simply don't have time so it looks like I will have to get the garage to do it but is there anything I can do to get it back on the adjuster myself in a short time?

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks

Phil

Old 04-24-2015, 10:40 PM
1st Gear

i had a similar issue with my old halogen lights (i replaced them with HID projectors recently). the H7 halogen bulbs suck to put back in because you have to push really hard to get it back in the spring/clip thing. too much pressure forces the reflector off the adjustment screw, as you know, so this will most likely be a recurring problem. try taking the bulb out and hooking your finger inside the hole where the bulb goes and pull it back towards the engine to hopefully get it on the screw and straighten it out. if the bulb is already secure in the clip, gently pull on it and the reflector to see if that will pop it back in. if the adjustment screw is really stripped, be weary of hard bumps and replacing the bulbs, youll have the beam get messed up easily. i would recommend upgrading to HID projectors if you're gonna replace the assemblies since originals are gonna be expensive. i got mine from protuninglab.com for less than $500.