B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Factory Xenon Headlight question

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 02:12 AM
Default Factory Xenon Headlight question

So I was so focused on finding the right A4, 2007 S-Line Avant with Titanium Package, that the car I found and bought over the phone, didn't have the bi-xenon headlight package. This was something I wanted, and since every other car I looked at had it, I just forgot to confirm that the car had it. It has every other option but the headlight package. So my question is, Can I get the factory upgrade and maintain the warranty (car is CPO) ? I know I can just add a set of HID bulbs and ballasts for a fraction of the cost, but I want to know about the factory option. Also, I have seen pictures of some Projector Headlamps from aftermarket companies that are black and have LED lights along the bottom, similar to those on the new B8 models. Anybody have a good experience with these?

Old 07-13-2009, 12:21 PM
2nd Gear

If you have Audi do the upgrade, your full warranty should still remain in effect. If you install them yourself, most of the warranty will still be in effect but they probably won't warranty the lights.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:56 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Msquared
So I was so focused on finding the right A4, 2007 S-Line Avant with Titanium Package, that the car I found and bought over the phone, didn't have the bi-xenon headlight package. This was something I wanted, and since every other car I looked at had it, I just forgot to confirm that the car had it. It has every other option but the headlight package. So my question is, Can I get the factory upgrade and maintain the warranty (car is CPO) ? I know I can just add a set of HID bulbs and ballasts for a fraction of the cost, but I want to know about the factory option. Also, I have seen pictures of some Projector Headlamps from aftermarket companies that are black and have LED lights along the bottom, similar to those on the new B8 models. Anybody have a good experience with these?
to upgrade to xenons you would have to pay a few thousand bucks (or maybe even $3k).......aftermarket projectors with LEDs are made by a forum member on audizine forum. dont know the price. Halogens with HIDs is a bad way to go.....

thats my knowledge on this topic

Old 07-14-2009, 03:15 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Kolyan2k
aftermarket projectors with LEDs are made by a forum member on audizine forum.
^ he makes led strips to put in the headlights not the actual projectors

It can be done yourself, but probably wont be covered by the cpo any longer. All you need is a set of bixenon headlights, ballast, bulbs and a kuftec harness. The harness makes it plug and play and all you will need to do is vag the car to bixenon. You wont be able to get the auto leveling feature to work though.

Hope that helps.