B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

On the fence about buying an A4

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 06:43 PM
1st Gear

You wont hear any complaints out of me on my b7 a4...75k miles only 400 miles away...i follow the maintenance and plan on driving this car over 200k so lets see if i can do it! good point that folks only post negative stuff on the net...audi's are not perfect...my wife was born in Bavaria and may NOT BUY a bmw cause of the way audi looks plus she knows how much i love mine! good luck..go with your instincts! buy the Audi and you are in a new league!

Old 05-13-2011, 02:35 AM
1st Gear

I'm going back to a dealership tomorrow to take one out on the road. I drove an e46 M3 today and absolutely loved that too, but I feel that is just out of my price range.

I am still in college and am going to be commissioning into the Army as an Armor officer next year, so I don't want to spend too much before I am making real money. On the other hand, I want something that is fun but still very professional and will last me for a long time. There is a very good chance that I will be stationed in Germany, so a great driving feel and power are a must!! *coughnurburgringcough*

Old 05-13-2011, 02:39 AM
1st Gear

Overall, the ride feel is the most important thing to me. I'm looking for something that drives very solid and inspires a great deal of confidence in the way it drives. I'm very much hoping that the b7 is exactly that.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:29 PM
2nd Gear

The stock 2.0T isn't extremely powerful, but it comes alive pretty well with just a chip. Coming from a '99 Chevy Malibu as my previous car, I was very happy with the A4's handling.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:13 PM
1st Gear

this was sent to me through an email lol

"Of course an expensive luxury European car might cost more to repair, that is not the point, anymore than a beautiful girl friend might cost more to maintain and keep happy than a dumpy frumpy girl.

A German car is lot like a trophy wife (or GF) - an awesome creature with an attraction unlike any other. But once you move in together, you find there are some less pretty stuff that she never advertised. She can just shut down on the side of the road, and remind you there's nothing you can do about it. And you'll hate her for a few days as she unloads your wallet. But once she comes back all dressed up and cute again, purring like normal, you fall in love all over again, pledging your undying love to the end. And guess what, some of us think it is worth it.”

Old 05-16-2011, 05:55 PM
1st Gear

Buy the Audi, just do it! If you know what to take care of and protect they wont kill your wallet! And if they do, finad a better job! =)

Old 05-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bringamac92
She can just shut down on the side of the road
bullshit

Old 05-20-2011, 01:00 PM
1st Gear

I would look at another car. I had a 2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Package, and trade it in for a 2006 Audi A4T Quattro. Never did the Tacoma give me a single problem...seriously. I decided to get the A4 because I was moving to the city and needed something that was good on gas, luxurious, and just fun to drive. So I got the A4 and ever since then it's been a nightmare.
1. $700 to replace rear brake pads.
2. $388 to replace ballast for the infamous Right Dipped Headlight problem (I did it myself, the dealership quoted me $984).
3. $50 to replace the xenon bulbs

This car is fun to drive and very good looking, but I would take my Tacoma back in a heartbeat.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:14 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by longoriajr
I hope that came with Vasoline as you got screwed. Brake pads should run about $50 and are not difficult to change. Even if rotors ($100 a piece) were needed you should have still got out of there for under $400.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by longoriajr
I would look at another car. I had a 2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Package, and trade it in for a 2006 Audi A4T Quattro. Never did the Tacoma give me a single problem...seriously. I decided to get the A4 because I was moving to the city and needed something that was good on gas, luxurious, and just fun to drive. So I got the A4 and ever since then it's been a nightmare.
2. $388 to replace ballast for the infamous Right Dipped Headlight problem (I did it myself, the dealership quoted me $984).
3. $50 to replace the xenon bulbs

This car is fun to drive and very good looking, but I would take my Tacoma back in a heartbeat.
$700 for 2 brake pads? are you smoking glue? i just had my brakes checked today at the dealership and the quote was $650 for 4 brake pads and rotors including labor. there's 5 mm left on all pads so i didn't need new stuff. with the way i drive-which isn't like grandma-that's about another year of original brake pad left. i'll change it then or when the warning light comes on.

a tacoma is just that-a shitty truck. an audi is an audi

Last edited by esandes; 05-20-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Quick Reply: On the fence about buying an A4