B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Here are my codes...anyone care to offer the prescription?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 09:45 PM
1st Gear
Default Here are my codes...anyone care to offer the prescription?

P0089 - Fuel Pressure Regulator (this may be an old code)

P2008 - Intake Manifold Power Control, Bank 1, Circuit Open (PENDING)

P2015 - Intake Manifold Power Control, Bank 1, Position Sensor (PENDING)

Please let me know the remedies and thanks a ton in advance

Old 04-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Guru

i would clear them all and see if they show their ugly head... no help though sorry

Old 04-15-2010, 09:59 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by turbo kraut
i would clear them all and see if they show their ugly head... no help though sorry
it's all good, I appreciate the check in...

If the first one has anything to do with the cam follower then I'm fairly certain it's an old code.

The second two, the guy indicated that they show "pending" means that they are occurring currently...but yeh, they got cleared and I'll prolly check again in a few weeks, if the MIL don't go blazing before then

Old 04-15-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Guru

found this on vortex:

Nope, it means you need VW TB 01-01-08; don't know if there is an analogous Audi number, or if they use the same TBs. This consists of a software reflash, and if necessary the intake manifold flap motor replaced. The position sensor for the flap is integrated into the motor, and may have failed. It's (obviously) a fairly common issue. I had mine done recently. Twice, in fact, because the sofware update alone didn't do it.
Anyway, you aren't huritng anything by driving around that way until you can get it fixed.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Tech Guru

everything points to it being your throttle body, might need to get reflashed, but try a tb alignment first.... find out how much and how hard to change the flap

Old 04-16-2010, 10:48 AM
1st Gear

Sweet dude, thanks a ton...always been interested in throttle body, but never touched one... will have to check out DIYs for alignment procedure - zat something I can do myself?

Need to make an appt at the dealer for coil packs, as I got a letter saying I'm up for them. I will have them check the re-flash and flap issue if I haven't done that before then.

much appreciated

Old 04-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Tech Guru

no problem

Old 05-30-2010, 07:08 PM
1st Gear

this is very interesting to me....let us know what u find out... cuz iv been throwing the p0089 code off and on for almost 2 years.... had the sensor changed 2 (as dealership suggested). still comes back. went away for almost a year but comes on every once in a while....but small audi mech i no said it could be intake flap or sumthing like that.........i didnt say that. to the dealership but when i was there i said about reflash of the ecm and they looked at me like.....that wont do anything or it couldnt be done.......idk.......info.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:54 PM
1st Gear

Interestingly, I haven't popped a MIL since...used to happen under full throttle, but I aired it out for a while at max speed the other night, and nothing at all, seems to be running fantastically right now

I've gotten a little lax on maintenance, I'm still due plugs and under coil pack recall...

I'll update if they find anything awry when I take it for the coils.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:32 AM

the second two codes are not for your throttle body its for the intake flap motor completly different than a throttle body. depending on which ecm flash your car has now it may be able to get flashed again to fix the problem or you might need the flap motor. dont buy a throttle body that will not fix the problem they are two completly different parts.

Quick Reply: Here are my codes...anyone care to offer the prescription?