B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

I have an Audi A4 08 B7, will my HID headlights work?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 01:14 AM
1st Gear
Default I have an Audi A4 08 B7, will my HID headlights work?

I bought a salvage 2008 A4 B7 audi Special Edition. It needs the entire front end, including headlights. I just bought aftermarket Angel Eyes headlights on ebay that came with the XenonHID ballast. Look at the link below, these are exactly as the ones I got. Will these adapt right into the wiring on my audi? In other words, is my audi already HID? The headlights did not come with any type of special connection or so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON...Q5fAccessories

Last edited by trailcruiser; 05-04-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by trailcruiser
I bought a salvage 2008 A4 B7 audi Special Edition. It needs the entire front end, including headlights. I just bought aftermarket Angel Eyes headlights on ebay that came with the XenonHID ballast. Look at the link below, these are exactly as the ones I got. Will these adapt right into the wiring on my audi? In other words, is my audi already HID? The headlights did not come with any type of special connection or so.

Is there enough of the original damaged headlight in place to see if it was a projector or a reflector design. If projector, the original lights were HID and you likely need a harness adapter for the ebay lights. The ebay lights look to be a direct replacement for a halogen headlight.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:09 AM
1st Gear

I dont know since it did not come with the headlights at all. Mine is the last B7. It is the Special Edition. Do you know if they were reflectors or projectors? Assuming they are not halogen, what else will i need to make it work? Where would I be able to get the adapter?

Old 06-24-2009, 02:44 AM
Default You can tell if they were xenon by looking at the existing

You can tell if they were xenon by looking at the existing harness. If the connector has rounded corners, it's halogen, square round corners = xenon

Old 07-07-2009, 04:03 AM
1st Gear
Default Salvage q on your Aud......

Hey guy, I am going to go the salvage route on my first Audi--to save a few dollars.
Wondering if you dont mind what you paid for the car and what its gonna cost you for another front end?
How are you sourcing the repair parts? Used I would imagine--where from? Other salvage yards local to you? Online places?
Thanks for the info........

Old 07-07-2009, 01:58 PM
1st Gear

I got the Audi for $8500 with only 2500 miles on it. As you may imagine parts are expensive. Car will end up costing me $13k not bad considering the MSRP was $36k according to the dealership. I also paid it in cash so no interest paid whatsoever. That is me doing all the labor though as I am somewhat knowledgable in body work. Most of the parts are from ebay and the rest from various salvage yards throughout the U.S. I live in Arizona and have bought parts from salvage yards all the way in New York. Shokan does not have too many parts for B7s so they are not much help. copartfinder.com also helped.

Let me know if you do end up buying it and I can refer you to certain yards I have worked with.

Last edited by trailcruiser; 07-07-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: added info
Old 09-16-2009, 08:30 AM

I got the Audi for $8500 with only 2500 miles on it. As you may imagine parts are expensive. Car will end up costing me $13k not bad considering the MSRP was $36k according to the dealership. I also paid it in cash so no interest paid whatsoever. That is me doing all the labor though as I am somewhat knowledgable in body work. Most of the parts are from ebay and the rest from various salvage yards throughout the U.S. I live in Arizona and have bought parts from salvage yards all the way in New York. Shokan does not have too many parts for B7s so they are not much help. copartfinder.com also helped.

Let me know if you do end up buying it and I can refer you to certain yards I have worked with.

Dude you gotta an awsome deal, even it's salvaged

Old 11-18-2009, 01:12 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bimmer4life2009
Dude you gotta an awsome deal, even it's salvaged
That's true, that's a very good deal

Old 11-19-2009, 11:40 AM

Sometimes you can find a salvage car for a very good price, but how are you will have problems selling it

Old 11-20-2009, 12:19 AM
Default I have an Audi A4 08 B7 will my HID headlights work

thanks for that, i downloaded PCMScan this afternoon & it did look an excellent program. Does the trial version do enough without having to buy the license code?

Quick Reply: I have an Audi A4 08 B7, will my HID headlights work?