B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

I need some help picking out a car alarm for my A4

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Default I need some help picking out a car alarm for my A4

I just moved here to Los Angeles and my car has been broken into twice already. Whenever I try to go to a local car alarm shop, it seems like theyre a bunch of sharks just trying to sell me something I don't know if I want. I have the stock car alarm and I do not feel that I it is not enough protection. Can anyone recommend a good car alarm to me?

Old 08-19-2008, 07:37 PM
2nd Gear

HELLLLLOOOOO I"M A CARRRRRRR .....GASO-LINE MAKES ME RUN.....SEAT BELTSSSSS

sorry couldn't resist, a car alarm doesn;t really detect thieves that much, i know when i hear another persons car alarm go off i just walk it off...a better bet since your in such a poor neighborhood is like a lojack option incase the unthinkable does happen,

anything short of that just don;t park it in shady locations, park under lights, in monitored garages, and other bets....but car alarms won't really work well

Old 08-19-2008, 10:11 PM
2nd Gear

Keep your valuables out of sight and put some tint on the windows. It makes is a bit tougher to break the glass and when it does break they still have to cut through the film to get inside.

What all are they taking if you don't mind me asking?

Old 08-20-2008, 02:32 AM
2nd Gear

COMPUSTAR PRO!!!!!!!!
It has great range, 2way so you know whats going on, it has an option so you can carry the remote separate from the key in case you get jacked, you let them drive away then hit the button and the car stalls out a mile down the road or so..... I love mine and I live in Newark NJ car theft capitol of the world!

http://www.compustar.com/products/P2W9000FMR.htm

Old 08-20-2008, 12:40 PM
2nd Gear

i have also heard that viper makes pretty good car alarms.... pretty sure they are sold over here, but i have only read about them in english car magazines

Old 08-20-2008, 02:03 PM

Thank you for all the great replies and tips. I live in the ghettos of Los Angeles, I don't really have a choice where I park on my street. It is a pretty dim lighted street and some gangster thugs are always drinking beer on the street. They always seem to check out my A4. I am pretty sure it is them but I have no proof. They have stolen my book bag and some cup of noodles out of my back seat .I've been searching around and came across a website that sell car alarms at a reasonable price. It's asainwolf.com, anyone heard any good feedback from them?

Old 08-20-2008, 02:42 PM
2nd Gear

Haha... you need to leave some spiked cup o noodles for them! Mix in some laxatives. :P

Old 08-20-2008, 03:39 PM
2nd Gear

hahah they stole cup of noodles......i'm sorry for your loss but thats hilarious

Old 08-20-2008, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by eMacPaul
Haha... you need to leave some spiked cup o noodles for them! Mix in some laxatives. :P

Knowing them, they would take a **** on my car or something. Anyone seen those car alarm with the built in cameras? It snaps a picture of your car when the car alarm goes off.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:19 PM
2nd Gear

LOL @ the cup of noodles! Have they always just busted out a window or what? I'd go around asking people if they saw anything and ask the guys who you suspect too. Don't target just them but do a mini canvasing.

Quick Reply: I need some help picking out a car alarm for my A4