B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

its been a while

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:39 PM
1st Gear
Default its been a while

A couple of years ago I traded my B6 for a non audi. after feeling out of sorts i finally traded back into a B7. i had put 100K on the B6 - and she schooled me the entire duration with the CEL to the point where i always joked about getting a vanity plate that read 'CHK ENGN'- sooo last Tuesday i picked up the 2007 A4 from an independent used car dealership and immediately contacted my old audi dealership and scheduled to get the 07 in to be checked- and mostly because i was expecting a code would be thrown shortly! and i was right! today it threw out a P12A2 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor inappropriately high- i did a search here and could not find any results. im already scheduled to bring her in and i called to let them know what we would be servicing this time! ha! anyone else have this occur? she is not doing anything funny however a 900 idle that is a bit rough sounding and while at a top light tonight also started this heinous noise that I thought was the store next to me alarm system but turns out it was the car- made the noise each time i slowed to a stop or it was in park. after turning it off and letting it cool a bit the noise went away and has not come back- yet. it wasnt the typical belt whine deff sounded more like an alarm. anyone have this?

thanks
~kylie

Old 04-27-2011, 07:40 PM
1st Gear

*stop light not top light

Old 04-28-2011, 12:30 PM
2nd Gear

The rough-sounding 900 idle is a standard feature on the B7 2.0T. I don't know about the rest.