B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

A little immediate help needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 01:47 PM
1st Gear
Default A little immediate help needed

Just picked up a '06 2.0T. It didn't have an owner's manual, and while mine is being shipped to me, can anyone help me out with a few questions?

*What's the "mode" buttons do/for on the left side of the dash and steering wheel?
*What's the button on the right side of my steering wheel that looks like a left facing arrow with sound waves around it?
*My radio has a SAT button, but when I push it, it tells me "not found" or something similar to that. Does that mean that I don't actually have the equipment as part of my sound system, or does it mean I just need to activate the satellite radio service? If it's the latter, who do I call to activate, Audi?
*How do I program the garage door opener button?
*What's the button for on the right side of my dash, sandwiched between the system check and tripometer buttons, that has a wrench icon on it?
*What's "ESP", why do I have a button for it at the top of my center dash pod and what happens if I push it?

If anyone would be so kind as to answer any/all of these questions, the help would be greatly appreciated. If you want (I prefer) you can email me directly at wildwoodengineering@verizon.net. Thanks!

Old 11-05-2013, 11:24 PM
2nd Gear

You use the mode get into the change mode for the clock and date, and the + and - to adjust the time and date. The button on the wheel is the phone button. Push it and if you don't have bluetooth, it will say No Phone above the wheel. Parrot has a aftermarket phone bluetooth the ck3000 that works with the steering wheel button, and the radio if you get the optional wheel button control, and doesn't have any equipment showing, so the bluetooth appears stock instead of aftermarket. The sat is in the upper leftside compartment in the trunk, If you have sat, there is a preview channel you get. The wrench if pushed tells you how many miles till an oil change. The ESP is the stability control. If you push it, you disable it, and a light comes on. As for the grarage door opener, I'd have to go look it up, but I think you hold buttons 1 and 3 till the little light starts blinking. You then select the button you want, go to the front left bumper, hit your remote, and hold the button until the turnsignal lights flash. If you have one of those rolling code openers, then things get really fun. You have to reach up and hit a button on the opener motor while you are programing. As I found out, Audi's directions and the openers directions on the rolling code programing procedure don't quite match, and it took a few tries.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:05 AM
1st Gear

Many thanks B7Night...
The only thing I'm still foggy on is the garage door opener programming. You mention about holding "button 1 & 3", but I only have one door opener button. I know my wife's 2012 Passat has 3 "home link" buttons on the visor to program 3 different openers (or any RF activated device for that matter), and programming it is as you say with a combination of the 3 buttons, but mine is a single button, hidden in the driver's door pocket, sandwiched between the trunk and gas door release buttons. Maybe I'll just try holding it down for a few seconds and then activating my opener controller and see what happens. If you find any other info on this process, passing it along would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

Old 11-07-2013, 10:49 AM
2nd Gear

That is not a Homelink button. That button turns of the shock sensor if you are having the car towed.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:42 PM
2nd Gear

Yep, that button deactivates part of the alarm if you are towing the car. the only homelink available has three buttons in the visor.