B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

My 2007 Audi A4 mods.. what next

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 09:56 PM
1st Gear
Default My 2007 Audi A4 mods.. what next

I just had my turboback B&B exhaust put on yesterday and realized it didn't replace the stock cart :/. So today I purchased an 034 motorsport high flow cat to help with power and create more noise that I don't have. Any have any feedback and ideas on where I should go next? Chip? CAI? I'm new to the game, but knew I needed to at least replace the full exhaust to help with air flow and get more power going through.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:09 AM
1st Gear

1. Read sticky.
2. Replace everything that can fail (DV, N80, PCV)
3. Skip the CAI
4. tune

Enjoy.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:01 PM
1st Gear

I just had my full B&B turboback exhaust installed 2 weeks ago, and this past weekend had my 034 Motorsports High-Flow Cat installed. Worth putting a revo chip in or should I just have it tuned? The CEL came on so I need to either tune it or chip it... Any Suggestions???

Old 12-30-2012, 07:08 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ringsideboxer9
I just had my full B&B turboback exhaust installed 2 weeks ago, and this past weekend had my 034 Motorsports High-Flow Cat installed. Worth putting a revo chip in or should I just have it tuned? The CEL came on so I need to either tune it or chip it... Any Suggestions???
Having it "tuned" is the same as "chipping" it. Any tune is going to be worth it. They are all pretty much the same. Go with who is closest to you. I went with Unitronic because there are 2 dealers within 20 miles of me.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:47 AM
1st Gear

I can get a stage 2 revo chip for $450, that's a good deal? the dealer is an hour from me

Old 01-02-2013, 03:43 PM
1st Gear

Yes. It's a plug and play process. They plug into your OBDII port and reflash your car's computer. Then you drive off to a whole new feeling.......

Old 01-02-2013, 07:27 PM
1st Gear

all done! Stage 2 Revo Chip installed

Old 01-08-2013, 01:46 PM
1st Gear

Hey Boxer, how do you like the bb exhaust? I recently put a test pipe in and went to stage 2 on my APR software. The rest of the exhaust is all stock, but the test pipe made everything really loud. It's unnoticeable at low speeds, and it's OK at half pressed gas pedal - sort of low and deep, but if I really press it so it goes down 2 gears, it's much more high-pitched and sort of ricy... I'm afraid I've turned my car into a Honda. I REALLY need to upgrade the rest of the exhaust, just to fix the sound. It's either that, or replace the test pipe with a high flow cat, but I'd hate to go back on something I've already purchased and installed. So lemme know how you like it.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:58 AM
1st Gear

Hey man, I absolutely love my B&B exhaust. Full Stainless steel, beautiful shaped exhaust tips and its the easiest install you will buy. At idle our Audi's never will be the sound of a WRX or Lancer because our motors love low RPMs at all cost. But once my speedometer hits 10mph and up my B&B exhaust is so deep and has the "Audi growl" you here people talk about. I can say I have heard plenty of exhaust, and would never change mine out. Are you looking to buy something soon?? I do all my purchases through 3zero3 motorsports, they are based out of Colorado and I actually live in Maine. Blake is the guy I deal with, he emails me on a daily basis and helped me do all my resaearch on my exhaust, high-flow cat and Stage 2 chip ive purchased... And if you want my 2 cents, go highflow cat lol, I didn't get a test-pipe for the exact reason why your unhappy right now. You want deep Audi tone go B&B Exhaust man!!!

Old 01-11-2013, 09:50 PM
1st Gear

Awesome. Good to hear. Let's hope this year's tax return is enough to keep the wife happy and my audi purring like a Siberian tiger. There are a couple of sites out there that sell it for $839 with free shipping though, so I'll pass on your recommendation. I'm sure your guys are good, but I live in Chicago so they're neither close by nor cheap. i got the test pipe because it's cheap and it's less restrictive. I really do love how it goes, it's unleashed. Sound isn't bad at half throttle either, only when I'm really aggressive it gets a little annoying. Some of my friends even like it, not me. Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll post updates.

Quick Reply: My 2007 Audi A4 mods.. what next