B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Replacing the armrest lid.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:04 PM
1st Gear

I have 2005.5 B7. My armrest lid and glove box door broke within a few months of each other just after my car's warrenty expired. The stealer was able to give me a discount on repairs. A month later my sunroof switch broke. The interiors look nice but for a luxury car the suck!

Old 03-04-2011, 08:37 PM
1st Gear
Lightbulb lid source

I know this is an old thread, and I think everyone knows the "repair kit" for the latch is no longer available.

However, I found a replacement lid from genuinevwaudiparts.com (I assume a dealership in San Diego since that's where the package came from) for about $55 shipped..It seems like a lot for fixing a busted latch, but the local dealership on the East Coast wanted $83 before sales tax for a replacement lid.

Anyway - the wife is happy and now I can move the arm rest out of the way again when I am driving so my elbow doesn't whack it when shifting & all the stuff won't fall out either. Thanks to the earlier posters that provided the easy 'how-to' on replacing the lid..that was really what brought me to this thread.

Cheers!

Old 03-05-2011, 12:35 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by sastanley
I know this is an old thread, and I think everyone knows the "repair kit" for the latch is no longer available.

However, I found a replacement lid from genuinevwaudiparts.com (I assume a dealership in San Diego since that's where the package came from) for about $55 shipped..It seems like a lot for fixing a busted latch, but the local dealership on the East Coast wanted $83 before sales tax for a replacement lid.

Anyway - the wife is happy and now I can move the arm rest out of the way again when I am driving so my elbow doesn't whack it when shifting & all the stuff won't fall out either. Thanks to the earlier posters that provided the easy 'how-to' on replacing the lid..that was really what brought me to this thread.

Cheers!
Thanks for the info bc I need one as well. What one did u order. I dont know the difference between all the ones listed and not sure the difference from "Leather" and "Leatherette". I just want it to be the same as oem one. Let me know if u can what one u ordered and if it looks the same as oem (and color u have). Thanks again.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:34 PM
1st Gear
Question

I came across this thread today while hunting for a replacement A4 armrest lid.

My VIN indicates I need part# 8E0864245P 38M, which is a black leatherette lid "w/mobile phone". The site referenced above has this part for $115 (my dealer wanted $160).

However, there is another part listed as black leatherette "w/o mobile phone" which is $44 - significantly less.

Does anyone know what the difference is? Are the hinges different to accommodate phone wiring? I do not have a phone installed in my armrest and would like to know if the less expensive lid will fit.

Thanks!

Old 04-05-2011, 12:43 PM
1st Gear

The cheaper one is all u need. I just had mine replaced and that was the same issue with my car. I had no phone stuff in it and the cheaper one was just fine. I got mine at the dealer so was like 50 something instead but the 44 one on line is what u need.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:38 PM
1st Gear
Default Easy fix

I just had this happen to me 2 weeks ago. I ordered the armrest from the dealership and it cost $64. Even the parts guy said he thought it was going to be a lot more than that. I had the top of the armrest changed out in less than 5 min.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:51 PM
1st Gear
Smile

Hey everyone - So I did eventually order the cheaper part, but unfortunately, it did not fit.

I definitely needed part# 8E0864245P 38M, which is the one "w/mobile phone".

The other part ("w/o mobile phone") has a different hinge, is rounded on the front edge (above the latch), whereas mine is almost flat and the leatherette is slightly different in color and texture.

Purchasing the correct part through http://genuineaudiparts.com was still cheaper than my dealer (even with return shipping for the first order), so everything is good now.

This part is also up on Ebay for $140 + $16 shipping if anyone wants to see pics:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I just wanted to point out that anyone else searching should definitely get the lid indicated by their VIN if they can't see it before purchasing.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Banned
Default New lid for appox. 10 €

you can by a new lid at:

Shapeways - Make & Share Your Products with 3D Printing and search for A4 B6 or B7

(Audi A4 B6 Mittelarmlehne / Audi A4 B6 center armr by worldleader on Shapeways)

there you can have black or other colors.

br sunnyyy!

Old 03-18-2013, 05:22 PM
1st Gear

Take the 2 little rubber bumpers off of each corner near where the piece of plastic broke off. Scissor cut four little pieces of velcro to each of the flat plastic corners. 17 cents of velcro and your done. More than enough tension to keep it closed when in the upright postion.

Old 04-01-2020, 04:45 PM
1st Gear

Thought this would help because I just followed the video and it was easy!

I was looking for a audi armrest cover replacement tutorial for my Audi S3 and I think this covers everything.