B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

2001 to a 2013 A4

Old 06-12-2012, 03:18 PM
1st Gear
Default 2001 to a 2013 A4

I am looking to upgrade my '01 with 183k on it to a new 13 order.
I want the Premium Manual 6- but that is about it.

I am filling out the sheet now and had a few questions-

1)Convenience Package- worth the $1100? Mostly I want the iPod hookup which the dealer said they could just do the iPod part for the MMI for $600.
Or is this something an aftermarket shop could do easily for less?

2)Color- I am between the Reds and Blacks- Are there any pictures of the new Volcanic red metallic anywhere to compare to the non-metallic red? Phantom Pearl effect black make much of a difference to regular black?

3)MSRP- when ordering a new model, do you see negotiating lower than MSRP prices much harder than those cars on the lot? What should I try for?
I am in the Minneapolis/Eau Claire region if that matters.

4)S4 mirror caps- I would like the aluminum mirror caps- is this something I can add aftermarket and is there a specialty shop you would recommend?

Thanks!

All for now

Old 06-18-2012, 11:07 AM
1st Gear

So I found Volcano Red on other Audi vehicles and the aluminum mirrors.

Any opinion on how much of a discount under MSRP I should try and get off a new 13 order?

Old 06-21-2012, 02:36 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by RS4wannabe
I am looking to upgrade my '01 with 183k on it to a new 13 order.
I want the Premium Manual 6- but that is about it.

I am filling out the sheet now and had a few questions-

1)Convenience Package- worth the $1100? Mostly I want the iPod hookup which the dealer said they could just do the iPod part for the MMI for $600.
Or is this something an aftermarket shop could do easily for less?

2)Color- I am between the Reds and Blacks- Are there any pictures of the new Volcanic red metallic anywhere to compare to the non-metallic red? Phantom Pearl effect black make much of a difference to regular black?

3)MSRP- when ordering a new model, do you see negotiating lower than MSRP prices much harder than those cars on the lot? What should I try for?
I am in the Minneapolis/Eau Claire region if that matters.

4)S4 mirror caps- I would like the aluminum mirror caps- is this something I can add aftermarket and is there a specialty shop you would recommend?

Thanks!

All for now
Best way to buy a car is find one on the lot that has the same options and features you want, then negotiate the price up from dealership cost. trucar.com is a pretty good site. If you have to order a car for color or something else, only mention that after you have already negotiated the price and be ready to put something down so they will take your order.

Convenience Package- worth the $1100 in price, no. Worth $1100 in the convenience of not having to do aftermarket, probably.

Color - that's just a matter of personal preference. I have the Phantom black and wouldn't think twice about getting a different color... although, every car I have owned is black - there is just something about the way I black car looks when it is cleaned up... just be prepared to take care of it a lot.

S4 mirror caps - no clue about aftermarket, never looked. But consider a lot of S4 owners try to go the other way, either black or color keyed. Funny how that works - if you don't have it, you want it; or if you do have it, you want something else.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Former Sponsor

The aluminum mirror housings run 349.68 each side, depends if you have the lane assist option or not but prices between them w or w/o that option is still the same. But it looks like the 09 and up cars use the same p/n's so it may be possible to find somebody that would sell you their old ones as somebody else suggested.