B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

2009 Audi Remote start and Remote windows

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 04:14 PM
1st Gear
Default 2009 Audi Remote start and Remote windows

Hi Guys,

For the new Audi A4 (2009), what is the key sequence (on your remote key) to remote start/stop the vehicle? The manual says that you can remote start but doesn't give any information. This is very useful in the winter

What about opening the windows with the remote? I can do it by holding the key in open position on the driver door. I saw somewhere that this can be done by holding the 'open' button down for a few seconds. I can't get it to work on mine. This is very useful for the summer. Thank you for all your help.

~K

Old 09-13-2009, 10:49 PM
1st Gear
Default remote windows

HAve you figured this out yet? For older models this was the sequence:
Operating Windows and Sunroof with Remote
(Note, the sunroof cannot be opened with the remote)
You need to continuously hold the remote button for the function to operate.

[Select]
[46 - Cent. Conv.]
[Long Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on each of the Byte numbers in step 3) and you'll see the selectable options below.
Uncheck the box for "Comfort function power windows/sunroof via remote control inactive"
Check the box for "Comfort opening power windows via remote control active"
Check the box for "Comfort closing power windows via remote control active"
Check the box for "Closing sunroof via remote control active"

Close the Long Coding Helper by clicking the Windows X box on the top right of the screen or clicking the Exit button on the top left of the screen) will send your new Coding value back to the Coding screen.
[Do It!]

FOr my 06 I simply added 64 to the number that was in adaptation. I haven't tested on an 09 yet though. I'm curriouse to see if the remote start is built in but disabled. Would like to hear back from you if you figured this out or where you read that the remote start was an option to activate.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:08 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the tip! I will ask the dealer if they can activate the remote windows.

I am not sure where I read in the manual about the remote start. I will check again and let you know. I am guess they meant keyless start and I might have mistaken it for remote...will check.

~K