B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

A4 2013, MMI and Blueteeth

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 06:53 PM
1st Gear
Default A4 2013, MMI and Blueteeth

Hello Everyone,
I am the owner of a new Audi A4 2013. This is my first Audi, and so far I am enjoying quattro. So I have been playing with all the gizmos in the car and I have my Android phones paired up via Bluetooth, and I have noticed, there is no Bluetooth audio streaming. Luckily for me, my car came with a hand book on the sound system. So I cracked the thing open and started reading. I was a little confused by the first line of "You have decided on the Sound System - thank you very much for your confidence in us" but I continued any ways. After a few min of looking it over there is no reference to streaming audio. A little dismayed I turned to the all knowing internets. I found some posts, here is one talking about the subject. So why you may ask, am I starting a new thread and that seems to be some what long winded. Well can someone tell me MMI version I have. So far I think it is a 2G, but correct me if I am wrong. The A4 is a 2013 in manual, premium with the lights and convince package.

As a side rant, I can't believe that a A4 does not come with Bluetooth audio streaming. The standard options seem pretty standard... for 10 years ago. Just saying....

Attached Thumbnails A4 2013, MMI and Blueteeth-mmi.jpg  
Old 11-03-2012, 02:09 PM
A4T
1st Gear

I agree on the bluetooth streaming... my mother's Kia Sportage streams audio via bluetooth.

If you going to love an Audi, you have to get used to Audi's seemingly oblivious thoughts on basic options.

When I was in the market for my 2011 A4, I found a quattro with Navi, w/o an auto-dimming mirror. Welcome to Audi.

My solution for music was loading a couple SD cards with all types of music... it's not Pandora, but your also not driving a Kia (there's nothing wrong with the Kia, but it's not an Audi).

Old 11-04-2012, 07:21 AM
1st Gear

I guess the other thing you can do if you have the Audi MMI is to plug in via the connection in the glove compartment and place your Android phone in the handy tray for safe keeping.

I was also a little bemused by the lack of audio streaming over bluetooth (I also have just purchased my first Audi and it is a 62 plate A4 Avant Black Edition which I am enjoying immensely). The only argument I can come up with is that there is a CD, SD, DAB and FM/MW/ radio, hard connection for USB/Apple and as such I guess Audi decided in their infinite wisdom there are enough options there? Can't think of any other reason...

I also am a little baffled why the screen isn't touch screen given how far that technology has come - the little dial works but my wife definitely finds it a little finicky.

Having said all of the above it is an Audi and not a Kia (which was what I traded in) and can confidently say the Audi is at least 10 times a better drive...

Old 11-04-2012, 05:07 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the input and reply guys. Can either of you tell of that is a 2G or 3G MMI unit in the image?

I am coming from a E46 M3, so there is a bit different with this car. The AWD is pretty nice and there does not seem to be a lot of body roll. All in all I am pretty happy. It is just the smalls thing I have WTH moments on.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:39 AM
1st Gear

I don't personally know - looking at the image it looks the same as mine. I think you can get the system info from the menu, I'll take a look tonight.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:53 PM
1st Gear

I have an Audi 2013 A4. I have an iPhone 4s and I am able to stream audio via bluetooth using Pandora as well as MP3s stored on my iPhone. I am also able to use the MMI system to skip to the "next track" using Pandora. Maybe this is a problem for the Android.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:28 PM
1st Gear

I also have a 2013 A4... I can stream from my iPhone.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:51 PM
1st Gear

Android phones definitely work, I have successfully paired and streamed severeal different models. You must first pair it with the bluetooth system in the car. Also, in the bluetooth settings of the car, enable bluetooth streaming audio. Then, go to the multimedia menu, and select bluetooth. It may take some time to find it, but I should definitely work, unless your android is a very old model that doesn't support it.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:07 AM
1st Gear
Default Bluetooth streaming option

A4 MMI is 3G. You apparently get BT streaming, but only with the Nav system. I was looking over iPhone connection options and I stumbled upon this one:

Add Bluetooth A2DP Streaming to your Audi - A2DP4AUDI - Audi Bluetooth Adapters

This might help you.

Last edited by EvanBaxter; 07-02-2013 at 02:34 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:32 PM
1st Gear

So EvanBaxter your explanation makes sense with regards to this streaming working because it is actually a different unit. Can anyone else confirm who us streaming audio over Bluetooth whether they have the in-built satnav please?

Also, there was a post about selecting the Bluetooth as the source - any more steps on this?

Thanks guys

Quick Reply: A4 2013, MMI and Blueteeth