AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B8 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b8-models-72/)
-   -   B8 3.2L Performance Parts? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b8-models-72/b8-3-2l-performance-parts-159925/)

Jester008 11-13-2010 10:33 PM

B8 3.2L Performance Parts?

Hi all,

I know that a lot of parts maker makes stuff for the 2.0T, I was wondering if there is anything out there for the 3.2L? I am not really looking at installing anything major, just want some more simple mods like intake systems and exhaust systems. I have searched around and all I can find are stuff for the 2.0T.

There has to be some 3.2L lovers out there!!! Right??? :confused:

Jester008 11-17-2010 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jester008 (Post 1259212)
Hi all,

I know that a lot of parts maker makes stuff for the 2.0T, I was wondering if there is anything out there for the 3.2L? I am not really looking at installing anything major, just want some more simple mods like intake systems and exhaust systems. I have searched around and all I can find are stuff for the 2.0T.

There has to be some 3.2L lovers out there!!! Right??? :confused:

Come on!!! You mean to tell me that there are no 3.2L V6 Audi A4 owners on this forums that want to mod their car???

laakness 11-19-2010 08:40 AM

I'd go for an exhaust but I'd like to keep my 100k warranty intact

ArloGuthroJeep 11-19-2010 04:48 PM

Where is the 3.2 available in the B8 A4? In the states, AFAIK, only the 2.0T is available. Or perhaps that is just a 2011 thing?

Jester008 11-20-2010 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep (Post 1261004)
Where is the 3.2 available in the B8 A4? In the states, AFAIK, only the 2.0T is available. Or perhaps that is just a 2011 thing?

Well, I have the 09 A4 Quattro B8 3.2L V6, and I am in New York. I love the car and everything about it. I am just looking into the future with option parts instead of factory. The reason I got the 3.2L is because I didn't want a turbo car and I wanted to go for NA engine. I had a STi before my Audi. I must say that I do still miss my STi, but everytime I get in my Audi and go for a nice long relaxing drive, that feeling slowly fades.

I really hope that I don't get burned on this forum for saying this, but as for me, my best car will always be my STi. It is such a great and fun car to drive.

laakness 12-01-2010 08:35 AM

Jester,

That's funny, I came from an Evo and don't miss it very much after driving either. I am in the same boat and didn't want to deal with a Turbo car anymore.

fre2b 02-03-2011 07:35 PM

I wanna mod my 3.2 but all i found were remaps/chip and a supersprint exhaust - centre pipe + exhaust hanger kit and right and left exhaust.

I'd like a bolt on intake for the 3.2

fre2b 02-13-2011 08:09 PM

I found a bolt on intake for the 3.2, if anyone interested i'll post a review. :)

Jester008 02-14-2011 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by fre2b (Post 1287031)
I found a bolt on intake for the 3.2, if anyone interested i'll post a review. :)

I'm interested!!! :D

Post pics too when you are done...

fre2b 02-15-2011 10:33 AM

Ok so I gambled a little bit and ordered a volant power core intake designed for Audi A5 3.2 which is the same FSI engine that goes into our A4's. Looking under both their hoods, I knew it would fit. Its been with me since a week and I finally got it installed today, it took about 15 minutes.

Power gains claimed are 18hp and 40 lbs of torque, improvement in gas mileage by 1-2 miles per gallon. My traction control starts flipping out if I floor it from a stop which never happened earlier (on dry surface). And the sound is to die for, much more aggressive; this is how the 3.2 should sound from the factory.

Will post pics later today and upload a video soon.

fre2b 02-15-2011 12:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 34406

Picture of the intake fitted, taken from my blackberry :p

Jester008 02-17-2011 04:57 PM

fre2b,

Can you post a link on where you purchased your intake. I might be interested in getting one later down the line.

Are you still having issues with your traction control???

As for the performance aspect, do you notice any gains in performance and fuel efficiency? Or the only thing is that it sounds more aggressive?

Thanks...

fre2b 02-18-2011 02:35 PM

I got it from http://www.scottmarlow.net/CAI/Volant/Audi/Audi.html great guy to deal with

No issues with TCS now

I face bumper to bumper traffic here so can't measure fuel efficiency, its definitely quicker than before. Did I mention how awesome it sounds?! :cool:

Next on list: remap :p

Assadi 02-20-2011 10:34 AM

I am about to buy a Pre-Owned Audi 2009 A4 3.2 very soon.
I been looking of the possiblity of tuning, chipping, and fixing body kits on this car and seems it is much harder than I thought it would be.

The only useful thing I found was this:
http://www.smchiptuning.com/3325/audi-a4-b8-3-2-fsi-255

And I am not sure how reliabile it can be.

fre2b 02-21-2011 06:27 AM

I don't think the reliability should be affected on an N/A engine. It's not so hard doing up a 3.2 if you have a good mech.

Where are you from Assadi?

Assadi 02-21-2011 07:11 AM

I usually say I am from Middle East since most people would not recognise that there is a country called Bahrain. But recently with out is going on here and the words have reached far east and west, I am sure you heard of the country.

The Audi I am about to buy has 17,000km on it and still have 4 years (unlimited milage)warrenty, and 4 years (105,000km) service package which I will only have to pay for the break pads and the tires.

I will try to post some pictures I took of it later today.

Assadi 02-21-2011 03:39 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are the pictures:

fre2b 02-22-2011 04:22 PM

Bahrain hosts the grand prix, you guys were always on the map.

About the car-
She is pretty, black interior with black is just wow. If she's good to drive, pick her up.
Retrofit the led tail lights and paint those wheels black. I have the same on my car,
I'm getting them done in gunmetal gray. :D

Assadi 03-06-2011 09:36 AM

Fre2b,
Can you take a recording of the sound the engine makes after fixing the intake?

And what do you guys think is the best exhaust system in matter of performance and sound?

fre2b 03-13-2011 06:33 PM

Did you buy that car?

I'm not sure how to put up a recording here, maybe I could mail it to you or something. Or i'll try to upload a video on youtube.

I really don't think an exhaust helps much unless you change it from the headers, most kits for the 3.2 is the center pipe and exhaust mufflers. Supersprint makes an exhaust for our car or you could go custom. :p

I would not get an exhaust for my primary car, and tiptronics tend to drone even at low rpms.

Assadi 04-04-2011 05:27 AM

I still didnt get the car :(

Things got delayed and hopefully I will be driving it after not more than 3 weeks from now. They told me that they usually deal with meltek regarding exhaust systems and till now they dont have anyone built for the given A4 model. I also advised them to changed the nav system to the new 3g MMI and also to possible fix and air intake on the car.

I might also send them a link to Supersprint web page and maybe they will be able to make a deal with them.

Assadi 04-04-2011 05:30 AM

I am trying to make the deal do all that from their side without charging me any extra. And I have some difficulty trying to figure out what other options I can include in the car and I welcome ideas.

fre2b 04-06-2011 07:48 PM

Votex diffuser and spoiler, better interior trims. Retro fit led light?

Assadi 04-07-2011 02:26 AM

They already fixed the retro fit LED taillights. What other options are there available that can be easily done by the agent, those which are practical rather than just visual.

Here are the options that the car already have from its data sheet:

Standard options:
4-way lumbar support
Alloy wheels, 8J x 17
Audi sound system
Automatic headlight-range adjustment dynamic (self-adjusting while driving)
Basic rear axle differential
CD player
Cruise control
Deluxe automatic air conditioning with sun sensor
Door sill trims with aluminium inlays
Dynamic suspension
Electromechanical parking brake
Electronic stabilization program (ESP)
Electronic vehicle immobilization device
Exterior mirror housings painted in body colour
Exterior mirrors, electrically folding/adjustable/heated
First-aid cushion and warning triangle design 2
Floor mats at front and rear
Folding rear seat back
Front centre armrest
Front fog lights
Front seats, electrically adjustable
Full size airbags with front passenger airbag deactivation
Headlight washers
Headlining, cloth
Information kit in Arabic and English
Inlays, Micrometallic platinum
Interior lighting
Interior mirror with automatic anti-glare action
ISOFIX child seat mounting
ISOFIX child seat mounting for passenger seat
Labels/plates in English and Arabic
Leather-covered multifunction sports steering wheel, 3-spoke, with shift paddles
Light / rain sensor
Milano leather
Parking aid plus
Preparation for mobile phone (Bluetooth)
quattroŽ
Servotronic
Space-saving spare wheel
Standard seats at front
Super hot country
Symphony radio
Tailgate/trunk lid release from inside (electrically)
Tires 245/45 R17 Y
Tool kit
Trim strips, black
Windshield in heat-insulating glass
Xenon plus

Additional Equipment
Advanced key
Audi drive select
Audi music interface
Audi parking system advanced
Audi side assist
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Cast aluminium alloy wheels, 8Jx18, in 5-spoke Star design, with 245/40 R 18 tyres
Driver information system with colour display
Driver`s seat with memory function incl. electrically adjustable front seats
DVD (AGCC)
Dynamic steering
Exterior mirrors, heated, with automatic anti-glare action, electrically folding with memory function
Front sports seats
Glass sunroof
Navigation system plus incl. MMI for export
Sports suspension
Three-zone automatic air conditioning

fre2b 04-07-2011 06:43 PM

I don't think theres anything more that you can get. Superchips tune?

Assadi 04-08-2011 10:27 AM

Superchips tune will void the warrenty and I dont want anything to risk the warrenty. If something crossed your mind that I can do, then please let me know..

fre2b 04-20-2011 01:01 AM

My car gets flashed this weekend! ;)

fre2b 05-21-2011 08:58 PM

Any updates, bro?

Assadi 07-20-2011 07:28 PM

Finally got the car, just today. Excellent condition.

Received it late today so didn't have much time to drive around with. Took the manual with me inside the house and read most of it.

One thing I couldn't figure out and you may help with, is I can set the time "clock" and everything but I don't how to let it show up or display.

I forward a link to the AWE Tuning Exhaust System and CAI, the dealer already in contact with them and so far it sounds promising that an order will be made for hopefully both and be fixed on the car all on the dealers expense. The manager will follow up with me sometime next week, and I will see where it will goes from there.

fre2b 07-23-2011 07:12 PM

Well try those buttons on the end of the wiper stalk on the right side.

Lemme know how it goes, I would like to know how the exhaust performs.

Assadi 07-23-2011 07:20 PM

Still waiting for a reply the dealer manager. I will send him a reminder by the end of this week if I didn't get replies before then. The time showed up in MMI at the bottom, don't know how it happened. I bought a waterless wash and wax to clean the car from the dust and light dirt and to keep it shiny. I am looking to get a good leather conditioner since I would like to maintain the car in an excellent condition. Its my true first car.

Assadi 08-13-2011 09:34 AM

I talked to the dealer recently, and since the AWE tuning are not one of the GCC Audi HQ partners, therefore they can't order any items directly from them. Therefore he told me that I can order the item and he will reimburse me with the amount, but that is only for the Air Intake Kit and not for the exhaust system :(
At least one thing is better then none, so I contacted Volant, AWE Tuning, and APR.
Volant said that they never did a system check of the Air Intake on A4 and never heard of it working of their system working on it.
AWE Tuning replied saying that the AWE Air Intake is very good and compatible with the GCC weather, and will work perfectly fine.
APR did not send any replies.

I think I will go with the AWE Tuning Air Intake Kit, they also have it in two colors, black and also in red. I am thinking of getting the red one.

chrisp1003 08-21-2011 09:41 PM

So the A5 cold air intake worked fine? I'm trying to find one that fits.

fre2b 08-22-2011 08:45 AM

The A5 intake works fine on the A4 but now you can just buy one for the A4, AWE Tuning and APR make intakes for the 3.2 A4. When i got mine, there wasnt an intake available

Assadi 08-22-2011 02:18 PM

The problem with the A5 intake I am afraid of, is that the dealer might not accept to reimburse it since its not technically built for an A4 even if it fixes perfectly. And beside, it's nice to try new things, so I am going with the AWE Tuning, I already got a quotation and waiting for the dealer to approve it so I go ahead with the ordering. The person in contact with me from the dealer has gone a vacation for 2 weeks so I have to wait till he is back though..

fre2b 08-23-2011 05:25 AM

That reply was meant for chrisp1003, no point in getting an A5 intake when you get them for A4

I really wanna know how much difference the AWE exhaust makes in our cars from someone who has it installed, the numbers seem okay. It would cost me almost $3000 to get it here! With the shipping and insane duties we have here on car parts. I'm considering doing a custom but as a last resort.

Their intake is supposed to be pretty good, hope its not too silent ;) Any idea how I can take a video of the sound? Coz of the rev limiter, I need to be moving to get it to sound and with the windows open theres too much wind noise.

Assadi 10-03-2011 05:36 AM

The intake reached few days back, it looks amazing. I called with the dealer to fix it, and they will be free to do so on the 26th of this month. I would of fix it myself, but since they will be responsible with the reimbursment and as well as fixing it according the to the agreement we had, then its better to leave it for them.

I was going to get the Red Hose, but unfortunately AWE advised me that they have stopped manufacturing the Red Hose, which would of looked so awsome on the car.

fre2b 10-27-2011 09:25 AM

Please upload a video, I wanna hear how it sounds.

I mailed Volant a couple months back telling them its an exact fit for the A4, probably saved them thousands in R&D. Not even a thank you, jeez.

Assadi 10-27-2011 09:32 AM

I was unable to get the car to them yesterday, and the next appointment I got was 12th Nov. I talked to the sales manager I know, and he said that he will try to rearrange the appointment sooner, he is so interested on how this will work out for me. He already to took the invoices to prepare the reimbursement. I cant wait to hear how good this will make the engine sound like :D

I will post pictures and possible vidoes of how it will look like once its fixed.

Assadi 11-14-2011 08:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Got it fixed two days ago, been very busy and the roads were always crowded I couldn't test it fully. But I noticed that the engine now makes a very nice roaring sound, specially when the RPM hits 4500+. And also the shifting seems affected with quicker response and nice shifting engine noise. I will try to get a sample of the noise whenever I get an empty smooth road in front of me :)

Here I also post the old filter after they took it out and gave it back, and also the new filter before fitting it in.