AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B8 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b8-models-72/)
-   -   Bluetooth Streaming Audio (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b8-models-72/bluetooth-streaming-audio-166454/)

idgara73612 03-21-2011 03:37 PM

Bluetooth Streaming Audio

So I just got a 2011 A4 Premium Plus with the AMI (I think. I don't know enough about it all yet to know the differences between AMI and diff versions of the MMI). I know you can connect your phone thru BT and take calls, but so far it doesn't appear you can stream music thru BT. I see there is an adapter kit out there, but it looks like it's only for models with MMI, not AMI. Anyone know if it is possible to stream audio thru my AMI, either as-is, or with the adapter kit Audi sells? Also, it seems like you have to attach a BT dongle to get it to work... but since it already supports BT, i don't understand why you would need to add an additional receiver.

Here is a link to the BT adapter.
http://www.audi-collection.com/Vehic...treaming-Audio

noah G 03-23-2011 08:01 PM

I am wondering the same exact thing. In addition though, if the AMI can use the adapter:

1) Does the AMI already have the software update to handle the streaming?

2) If it does have the software update already installed can I use a generic adapter (plunging it into the USB connector that audi has available)?

idgara73612 03-24-2011 09:41 AM

OK, so I've been talking with my dealer a lot about this, and it's new to him too, so he's been in contact with some tech guy higher up in Audi supposedly, and here is what I've got...

First, the difference between AMI and MMI, which threw me off, so hopefully someone else will find this helpful. This is for my 2011 A4... I don't know what other years/models it may apply to.
-MMI (Multi-Media Interface) is just the screen/knob system that controls the radio/sat/cd/settings/etc.
-AMI (Audi Music Interface) is the link between the MMI system and your Ipod or other mp3 device. It is a port in the glove box that you can attach different cables to for different music devices.

-There is also a MMI Navigation Plus Package that adds the Nav, HD radio, hard drive, and backup camera to the existing MMI.

The only thing i don't know is what the differences are between the 2G and 3G versions of the MMI. I don't know if it's a model year difference, or package difference... if anyone knows, please fill me in.

So now, onto BT...
The built-in BT only works with phone calls and contact lists... not media. The adapter I spoke of includes 3 pieces:
1) AMI USB cable
2) flash drive with MMI software update
3) USB BT adapter
As I understand it, here is how it would work... You attach the USB cable to the AMI in the glove box, and update the MMI with the new BT software on the flash drive. This update will effectively disable the built-in BT receiver. That's why you now have to plug in the new BT adapter (which supports media streaming) to the USB cable. This adapter now takes over the job of the built-in one for phone calls, but also now supports media streaming as well. When you now connect your phone to BT, the call functions will work the same way they always have, but now you will also see your phone under Media>Sources to play music.

Now, supposedly this adapter only works with the 2G systems, and not the 3G systems... I don't know why, and as i said earlier, i don't know how to tell the difference either.

Noah G, I don't know if you could use a generic BT adapter if you already had the update installed - never thought about that. I guess it makes sense that you could. But the kit comes with all 3 pieces, so unless you could get the software update somewhere else (i.e. a buddy who already bought the kit), i dont know if it would help you. That would mean you only have to buy the AMI USB cable, which would definitely save some money. If you figure it out, let me know!

And in case anyone is interested, thru my dealer the BT adapter is like $240. If you went with Noah G's route, the AMI USB cable alone is about $60. But you can obviously get both of those cheaper other places. Just for reference.

ddc9999 03-25-2011 03:55 PM

This seems very odd and stupid to me. So a new A4 cant stream music via BT but a ford fiesta can?

I have an iphone with 3g. I love to stream pandora radio via blue tooth when i drive (i have a bluetooth adapter in my old car. I'm in the market to buy a new car and the audi is at the top of my list).

So let me get this straight. New A4s have the 3g mmi. My phone is 3g so they will be compatible to make calls but no streaming audio. Now to stream audio i meed to attach a cable into the ami port? Does this cable have to attach to my iphone? If so that defeats the whole purpose of blue tooth.

This is all pretty confusing. I think i just need to make another trip to the dealer and see what it takea to stream music from my iphone to tge car. I have to admit though that needing an (expensive) adapter is bush league at best and I will make sure that after negotiating a price down on the car i will bring this up and not buy until the dealer throws in the afapter for free.

tighr 03-26-2011 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by ddc9999 (Post 1298791)
So let me get this straight. New A4s have the 3g mmi. My phone is 3g so they will be compatible to make calls but no streaming audio. Now to stream audio i meed to attach a cable into the ami port? Does this cable have to attach to my iphone? If so that defeats the whole purpose of blue tooth.

The Audi "3G" MMI is not the same as the cellular network "3G". Both are completely different things, and refer to simply the generation of the technology (3G MMI is the 3rd generation interface for Audi; 3G cellular network is the 3rd generation of cellular networks).

The Audi BT dongle replaces the iPod dongle in your glovebox. When its plugged in, you wont be able to use an iPod, but you can use bluetooth to connect to your iphone wirelessly. You dont actually connect any cables to your phone.

I've looked at this dongle before, and have ultimately decided not to get one.

ddc9999 03-27-2011 12:58 PM

If u dont mind me asking, why did u decide nit to get one. While i dont like needing an extra wire to stream music from my iphone to the car the cable apparently does do the job. Also my iphone is my ipod as well so not having that other cable isnt a big deal to me

tighr 03-27-2011 01:03 PM

With the bluetooth dongle, you have no control of the audio through the MMI. You can't change songs, read playlist information, etc. All of that needs to be done from the phone. When using the iPod interface, all of your playlist information is shown on the MMI.

Either way, I don't have an iPhone, I have a Droid. So the only thing I really wanted the bluetooth for is Pandora, but I already have Sirius radio in my car and Pandora requires a constant internet connection. I leave my iPod in my glovebox permanently.

noah G 03-28-2011 06:18 PM

I Have done some research! If you call Audi they and argue enough they will send you a gift certificate for $100 dollars so you can use it to purchase either the 3.5mm aux cable or the usb cable (part of the blue-tooth kit) or anything else you would like from their accessory department. At this point I think that Audi once again has done it wrong with the technology in there cars. They are clearly not interested in competing with their American and Japanese rivals.

Tighr, if you were to use an Iphone, from your research will your songs display on the MMI screen or will you have to use your phone manually to cycle through songs? I know you are interested in using Pandora but can the Ipod function work with the cars MMI display when using an Iphone to play music through the blue-tooth dongle?

tighr 03-28-2011 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by noah G (Post 1299549)
Tighr, if you were to use an Iphone, from your research will your songs display on the MMI screen or will you have to use your phone manually to cycle through songs? I know you are interested in using Pandora but can the Ipod function work with the cars MMI display when using an Iphone to play music through the blue-tooth dongle?

No. MMI interoperability only works when using the iPod MMI cable. If you use the bluetooth dongle, you would have to scroll through your songs directly from the phone.

I have not found out through research if you can pair your phone to both the A2DP profile as well as the handsfree profile at the same time (since technically, you're pairing to two separate bluetooth radios), but you probably can do that just fine.

Of course, as we all know, bluetooth streaming is a massive battery hog, so your phone would need to be plugged in, anyway.

Dstebs 04-30-2011 07:27 PM

So the end result is that the 2011 A4 is not capable of streaming because it is a 3G system? That seems ridiculous!!

Randgalt 05-24-2011 07:40 PM

Possible solution

I'm a new A4 (2011) owner and, like everyone else, was shocked to find out that I can't do Bluetooth Audio. So, I'm trying an experiment. I bought this thing:

Sprint Bluetooth FIPO:
http://www.amazon.com/Sprint-Bluetoo.../dp/B003V1619E

Well, the MMI doesn't recognize it. So, I'm on to plan 2. I just ordered this:

Audi AMI USB cable:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=150555377782

I asked the guy and he said it works with the 2011 A4. So, I can plug the USB cable into the MMI/AMI, then plug an standard iPhone cable into that and then put the FIPO on the end of that. If it works it'll be a miracle.

-JZ

Dstebs 06-13-2011 10:09 PM

Well? Any luck?

Tilt 07-21-2011 02:24 PM

For me I kind of like having to plug my Iphone in since it charges the phone too. I'm going to try an extension cable and bring the connection out of the glove box since that is where it's really a pain plugging it in every time I get in the car.

tighr 07-23-2011 01:33 AM

It should be possible to route an extension cable underneath the console and into the armrest, but I've never removed the console so I'd recommend looking at a service manual if you were interested.

Bossys4 11-21-2011 06:06 PM

Hi guys, the answer to streaming pandora or your own music from your iPhone, it is possible! I'm able to do it now! I followed instruction from this guy on another Audi blog. I'll post his link so you guys can attempt to doing it. http://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-s5-top...o-via-mmi.html
One thing I found at least for me. Being (Iphone 4s)paired to the Bluetooth phone in the MMI and the modified AMI ipod cable with attached A2DP(Bluetooth adapter) interfere with each other. So I found you can only be paired with MMI phone Bluetooth or AMI cable's Bluetooth. I frankly don't mind the inconvenience. If I really need to talk to someone on the phone then I'll switch off or vice versa.

mattXdezzi 12-11-2011 02:57 PM

I use bluetooth streaming a lot in my apartment (from my computer/phone/tablet to my stereo). I have been using a small bluetooth speaker adapter rather than bluetooth speakers. here is what i have: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wirel.../dp/B004VM1T5S

it is a small (2" x 2" x 1") box that has both 3.5mm out and RCA audio out. I am thinking about getting a AMI-to-3.5mm cable for my car and hooking this up in my glove compartment or center console.

A couple things i am still trying to figure out:
1) when car is turned off and adapter loses power, do i need to re-pair w/ phone? (simple test, just havent tried it yet).
2) i need to find a way to power the device. Worse case scenario i can use a AC/DC inverter and the regular power cable in my center console.
3) I need to get a 3.5mm adapter for AMI, does anyone know if the $20 cables from china (all over ebay) work?

in theory the whole system seems like it would work flawlessly and i would be able to be paired for bluetooth audio as well as bluetooth calling simultaneously (i dont think the audi-supplied solution allows for both, im not certain though).

any thoughts/suggestions?

bestoverall 12-21-2011 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by mattXdezzi (Post 1351636)
I use bluetooth streaming a lot in my apartment (from my computer/phone/tablet to my stereo). I have been using a small bluetooth speaker adapter rather than bluetooth speakers. here is what i have: Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Devices (980-000540): Electronics

it is a small (2" x 2" x 1") box that has both 3.5mm out and RCA audio out. I am thinking about getting a AMI-to-3.5mm cable for my car and hooking this up in my glove compartment or center console.

A couple things i am still trying to figure out:
1) when car is turned off and adapter loses power, do i need to re-pair w/ phone? (simple test, just havent tried it yet).
2) i need to find a way to power the device. Worse case scenario i can use a AC/DC inverter and the regular power cable in my center console.
3) I need to get a 3.5mm adapter for AMI, does anyone know if the $20 cables from china (all over ebay) work?

in theory the whole system seems like it would work flawlessly and i would be able to be paired for bluetooth audio as well as bluetooth calling simultaneously (i dont think the audi-supplied solution allows for both, im not certain though).

any thoughts/suggestions?

This should work, but my only concern would be the DC adoptor. Somehow you will have to figure out a way to power the device. Let us know how you make out.

mattXdezzi 12-23-2011 10:43 AM

So far everything has been a success. When the device loses power it still keeps the pairing so when the car starts it reconnects with my phone.

The adapter for the device outputs 5V DC at 1A. The good part is that this is the exact same power supply as a usb connection.

I was able to find a USB to Barrel-M connector cable online for $5. It turned out to be a different size. To fix this problem i cut the connector of the stock power adapter that came with the device and reconnected it to the usb->barrel-m cable using a multimeter to ensure correct polarity.

I plugged the usb cable into a 12V-DC to USB adapter that i had lying around ($3-$5 from amazon) and measured output. SUCCESS! 5V output from the connector.

I taped everything up to look nice and plugged the bluetooth adapter in. Unfortunately my AMI-3.5mm adapter is still on its way from China so i had to test it in my Mom's Lexus with a regular 3.5mm AUX in.

Everything worked as planned. It sounded great and the best part is that there was no ground loop feedback when the phone was plugged in while streaming music from Google Music/Pandora/TuneIn Radio.

With a small amount of electronics knowledge and about $70 you can get bluetooth audio working instead of paying $210 for the Audi supplied solution.

Raymond101 02-14-2012 06:05 PM

Hi
I'm seeking some help in getting the bluetooth function in my 2008 Audi A4 operational again. I bought the car with this fault in it and the first thing I did was a scan with Vagcom and module 77 is not responding. The car is a European model RHD and has the module 4F1 910 336 C fitted to it and has no apparent damage to it. Everything else works 100% on the car. It has the Sat nav plus 2g MMI High. Any help would be gladly appreciated.Gateway Installation List: 8T0 907 468 K

01-Engine -- Status: Cannot be reached 1100
03-ABS Brakes -- Status: OK 0000
04-Steering Angle -- Status: Cannot be reached 1100
05-Acc/Start Auth. -- Status: OK 0000
07-Control Head -- Status: Malfunction 0010
08-Auto HVAC -- Status: OK 0000
09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: OK 0000
0E-Media Player 1 -- Status: OK 0000
10-Park/Steer Assist -- Status: Cannot be reached 1100
13-Auto Dist. Reg -- Status: Not registered 0001
14-Susp. Elect. -- Status: Not registered 0001
15-Airbags -- Status: Cannot be reached 1100
16-Steering wheel -- Status: OK 0000
17-Instruments -- Status: OK 0000
19-CAN Gateway -- Status: OK 0000
1B-Active Steering -- Status: Not registered 0001
20-High Beam Assist. -- Status: Not registered 0001
37-Navigation -- Status: OK 0000
3C-Lane Change -- Status: Not registered 0001
42-Door Elect, Driver -- Status: OK 0000
46-Central Conv. -- Status: OK 0000
47-Sound System -- Status: OK 0000
52-Door Elect, Pass. -- Status: OK 0000
53-Parking Brake -- Status: OK 0000
55-Xenon Range -- Status: Not registered 0001
56-Radio -- Status: OK 0000
5C-Lane Maintain. -- Status: Not registered 0001
62-Door, Rear Left -- Status: OK 0000
72-Door, Rear Right -- Status: OK 0000
77-Telephone -- Status: Cannot be reached 1100
Monday,13,February,2012,21:10:36:10074
VCDS Version: Release 10.6.4
Data version: 20110418

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Control Module Part Number: 8T0 907 468 K
Component and/or Version: GW-BEM 4CAN-M H09 0092

Optical Bus Diagnostic : Standard

Controller Electrical Optical
19-CAN Gateway OK OK
07-Control Head(High/D3) OK OK
0E-Media Player 1 OK OK
77-Telephone ERROR ERROR
47-Sound System OK OK
56-Radio OK OK
37-Navigation OK OK

Address 19:8T0 907 468 K recoded (Installation List) from FF30740D28B200 to FF30740D28B200

Address 19: CAN Gateway Labels: 8T0-907-468.clb
Control Module Part Number: 8T0 907 468 K HW: 8T0 907 468 K
Component and/or Version: GW-BEM 4CAN-M H09 0092
Software Coding: 000303
Work Shop Code: WSC 06325 000 00000
VCID: 499D59175929
1 Fault Found:

01303 - Telephone Transceiver (R36)
004 - No Signal/Communication
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100100
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 66
Mileage: 130969 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2012.02.13
Time: 21:05:11.

kalch 04-20-2012 11:15 AM

I have a 2012 A4, basic 6sp MT Quattro, with just add LED lights. The Bluetooth adapter does work in my car and I can stream from TuneIn Radio, Spoitfy, etc., and still have access to bluetooth phone at same time. It is a 2G AMI system that is in my canadian car. TuneIn Radio negates the need for XMSirius, as I can get everything on that app that is on Sirius. And I can use Navigon on my iphone/stream music/use phone when necessary AND charge my phone at same time. I'd be pissed if i had the MMI and not AMI.

jessemann 05-07-2012 11:47 PM

Which adapter do you have?

nleco 09-28-2012 06:44 PM

I also own an 2011 A4 Premium Plus without the navigation system. I didn't want to spend another $2-3k for something that my iPhone can do (and more).

I was also sad to see that the built in bluetooth system doesn't stream audio from my phone. What a letdown. I bought this back in late 2010. I resorted to a car charger/radio cable. but sometimes the radio cuts out or battles with an existing channel once i leave my area.

I don't really want to pay $200 for the BT adapter via the AMI. seems like it's something that should have been included.

Yuyo1977 11-12-2012 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by idgara73612 (Post 1298407)
OK, so I've been talking with my dealer a lot about this, and it's new to him too, so he's been in contact with some tech guy higher up in Audi supposedly, and here is what I've got...

First, the difference between AMI and MMI, which threw me off, so hopefully someone else will find this helpful. This is for my 2011 A4... I don't know what other years/models it may apply to.
-MMI (Multi-Media Interface) is just the screen/knob system that controls the radio/sat/cd/settings/etc.
-AMI (Audi Music Interface) is the link between the MMI system and your Ipod or other mp3 device. It is a port in the glove box that you can attach different cables to for different music devices.

-There is also a MMI Navigation Plus Package that adds the Nav, HD radio, hard drive, and backup camera to the existing MMI.

The only thing i don't know is what the differences are between the 2G and 3G versions of the MMI. I don't know if it's a model year difference, or package difference... if anyone knows, please fill me in.

So now, onto BT...
The built-in BT only works with phone calls and contact lists... not media. The adapter I spoke of includes 3 pieces:
1) AMI USB cable
2) flash drive with MMI software update
3) USB BT adapter
As I understand it, here is how it would work... You attach the USB cable to the AMI in the glove box, and update the MMI with the new BT software on the flash drive. This update will effectively disable the built-in BT receiver. That's why you now have to plug in the new BT adapter (which supports media streaming) to the USB cable. This adapter now takes over the job of the built-in one for phone calls, but also now supports media streaming as well. When you now connect your phone to BT, the call functions will work the same way they always have, but now you will also see your phone under Media>Sources to play music.

Now, supposedly this adapter only works with the 2G systems, and not the 3G systems... I don't know why, and as i said earlier, i don't know how to tell the difference either.

Noah G, I don't know if you could use a generic BT adapter if you already had the update installed - never thought about that. I guess it makes sense that you could. But the kit comes with all 3 pieces, so unless you could get the software update somewhere else (i.e. a buddy who already bought the kit), i dont know if it would help you. That would mean you only have to buy the AMI USB cable, which would definitely save some money. If you figure it out, let me know!

And in case anyone is interested, thru my dealer the BT adapter is like $240. If you went with Noah G's route, the AMI USB cable alone is about $60. But you can obviously get both of those cheaper other places. Just for reference.

Nice explanation dude! At last, someone pull up normal words to explain all the MMI AMI´s stuff that was a mess.

Just a question: it is 100% possible that a car with MMI can be updated to AMI .. Am i right ??

SweetLou122 02-06-2013 02:24 PM

Sorry to dig up this thread, but have been searching for solutions for my '11 without the MMI (No nav). I have the ami interface, but only the ipod cable. After talking with audi of america several times about this as well as the dealer, they have no idea about the bluetooth adapter mentioned earlier in this thread, and have no solutions. The only aftermarket options I have come across are the modified ami cables with bluetooth dongles attached, however they are only for the MMI systems I believe.

Is there anything out there for just the AMI systems (no mmi) for this functionality? I was thinking the usb ami cable, with an attached bluetooth adapter, however it would need to get power from the usb cable. Has anyone tried this?

mattXdezzi 02-07-2013 09:19 AM

My solution. I use an NFC sticker to trigger it on/off

mrcgodina 05-01-2013 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by SweetLou122 (Post 1423177)
Sorry to dig up this thread, but have been searching for solutions for my '11 without the MMI (No nav). I have the ami interface, but only the ipod cable. After talking with audi of america several times about this as well as the dealer, they have no idea about the bluetooth adapter mentioned earlier in this thread, and have no solutions. The only aftermarket options I have come across are the modified ami cables with bluetooth dongles attached, however they are only for the MMI systems I believe.

Is there anything out there for just the AMI systems (no mmi) for this functionality? I was thinking the usb ami cable, with an attached bluetooth adapter, however it would need to get power from the usb cable. Has anyone tried this?

i solved your problem, i've been working on it for a while now. its works on all audi's non nav or even the older 2G MMI's. this is something u can install yourself. i made it so that its plug and play. if interested PM me and i can send u some info and pics of what i got. here is a pic of the cable.
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/...na/image-2.jpg

Siggs 05-19-2013 12:59 PM

2011 A4 with no cable in the glove box

Hi all, new to the forum. I have a B8 A4 with what seems to be "mmi" but no "ami" ? It's a Premium that only has the aux-in in the arm rest, and an SD card. I'm trying to figure out how to get my iPhone to stream music over blue tooth - it seems that the solution above featuring the could work - but I'm wondering if that box is specifically the one that does work (should I get that one)? Or is there a better one that would allow for usb charging now?

mrcgodina 05-20-2013 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Siggs (Post 1435453)
Hi all, new to the forum. I have a B8 A4 with what seems to be "mmi" but no "ami" ? It's a Premium that only has the aux-in in the arm rest, and an SD card. I'm trying to figure out how to get my iPhone to stream music over blue tooth - it seems that the solution above featuring the logitech device could work - but I'm wondering if that box is specifically the one that does work (should I get that one)? Or is there a better one that would allow for usb charging now?

If your A4 is a 2013 with nav, then it comes with bluetooth streaming. Also do u not have the AMI box in the glovebox? If not then u can get a aux bluetooth streaming, the only bad is that it needs to be charged since its not supplied power

Siggs 05-21-2013 08:26 AM

The car is a 2011, and no, unfortunately it doesnt have the adapter in the glove box. I was convinced to get the SD card only - which turned out to be a mistake! Is there any way to get this iPhone to stream through the audio system at all without a massive costly upgrade?

mrcgodina 05-22-2013 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Siggs (Post 1435678)
The car is a 2011, and no, unfortunately it doesnt have the adapter in the glove box. I was convinced to get the SD card only - which turned out to be a mistake! Is there any way to get this iPhone to stream through the audio system at all without a massive costly upgrade?

Yes theres a cheapy way... An auxilary bluetooth streamer... It plugs in right to the aux. port...They're pretty cheap, the only bad is that u have to charge it and last a couple of hours

Siggs 05-23-2013 09:10 AM

Interesting. Thank you. Any recommendations on brand? I'll look into if there's one that actually allows for charging through the lighter!

BruceReynolds 06-19-2013 04:58 PM

Cheap and Easy Solution

I have a 2008 Audi TT and tried a bluetooth dongle, but ran into the issue of it not having a power supply from the AMI.

I purchased the ViseeO Tune2Air WMA1000, plugged it in (it somehow can manage to receive power from the AMI), paired it with my iPhone, and it works perfectly. All for under $100.

Beachbrum 09-03-2013 02:52 PM

I'm wondering if the fact that Sirius has a deal to provide a trial with the purchase of an Audi, that possibly it would not be in their best interest to easily allow Pandora streaming which is something I'd like to do as well.

danooooo 09-17-2013 10:28 AM

I sold my TT, so I have a ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 for sale. Works perfectly, $80 shipped. PM me.
Dan

schwast1 10-04-2013 06:11 PM

see post below

schwast1 10-04-2013 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by mrcgodina (Post 1433527)
i solved your problem, i've been working on it for a while now. its works on all audi's non nav or even the older 2G MMI's. this is something u can install yourself. i made it so that its plug and play. if interested PM me and i can send u some info and pics of what i got. here is a pic of the cable.
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/...na/image-2.jpg

could you please send this to me via email -- steffen.schwartz@yahoo.com

jjpinett 11-03-2013 12:49 PM

I would be interested in this info as well. My email is jjpinette@gmail.com. Thanks!

omersk 12-28-2013 09:37 PM

I have the same problem before.. I wasted lots of time and money as well. Lucky me I was able to finally find the ideal solution for this problem!

Here's a video that I made to show to you how I did it.....

Streaming Bluetooth Audio from iPhone to Audi

Thanks!

schwast1 12-29-2013 11:24 AM

Audio Streaming Applications

Originally Posted by omersk (Post 1458959)
I have the same problem before.. I wasted lots of time and money as well. Lucky me I was able to finally find the ideal solution for this problem!

Here's a video that I made to show to you how I did it.....

Streaming Bluetooth Audio from iPhone to Audi

Thanks!

Can the device you show in the attached video play audio streaming applications on the iPhone such as Spotify and Pandora via Bluetooth??

mrcgodina 12-31-2013 09:17 PM

My kit is more expensive($150) but mine allows u to basically stream any audio... Granted u cant use the MMI controls to work your phone... Mine does Your turn by turn audio from your phone... It lowers the music audio then brodcast the navigation, then goes back to your music... Ill post a video later this week on how it works...