B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

New owner intro. With pics!

Old 02-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Default New owner intro. With pics!

Hey guys!

I've been a regular in the Porsche forums but I am a new Audi owner.

I needed a daily driver that will be getting 40K miles per year and I wanted something to enjoy driving and I fell in love with the A4 Avant but ended up with the 09 A4. Pretty excited about getting it on Friday! I fly out to Salt Lake City and drive it back to So Cal that day (ten hours).

It's a 2.0Q with Ipod, Homelink, and Bluetooth. I wanted the xenon but no luck in the price range I was willing to go.

Anyhoo, pics attached. Looking forward to seeing what this forum can offer for info! I think I might start a thread regarding high mileage since I might be up there in miles per day.....

Attached Thumbnails New owner intro.  With pics!-d4edeea37f00000101fac7cf7be1f00d.jpg   New owner intro.  With pics!-d4edef5c7f00000101fac7cf0a73911c.jpg   New owner intro.  With pics!-d4edf2127f00000101fac7cf57b3081e.jpg  
Old 02-19-2009, 06:32 AM

Congrats on the new A4 and welcome to the forum!!
Not to rain on your parade, but are you sure you want to put that many highway miles on it while breaking it in? Have you put any thought into the break in process and how you might accomplish that on the ride home??

Old 02-19-2009, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by poppy
Not to rain on your parade, but are you sure you want to put that many highway miles on it while breaking it in? Have you put any thought into the break in process and how you might accomplish that on the ride home??
How about if he just varies his speed along the drive?

Old 02-19-2009, 08:49 AM

Yup varying speed, 70.....110.....60.....110.....70.....130....night in jail.....60....

Old 02-19-2009, 09:23 AM
mkc
1st Gear

Are Audi dealers so few and far between that you have to drive that far home? Ive seen this a few times on this forum, people flying for hours and then driving for hours on the way home.

How many dealers do Audi have? Ive got 3 all within 3-4 miles from my home. I guess thats why the Audi brand is being watered down a bit now.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Eaniemeanie
Yup varying speed, 70.....110.....60.....110.....70.....130....night in jail.....60....
Ha ha!

70.....130....night in jail.....45 (hazards lights on)...

Old 02-19-2009, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by mkc
Are Audi dealers so few and far between that you have to drive that far home? Ive seen this a few times on this forum, people flying for hours and then driving for hours on the way home.

How many dealers do Audi have? Ive got 3 all within 3-4 miles from my home. I guess thats why the Audi brand is being watered down a bit now.
No there are many around here in the LA/San Diego area. But the deal I wanted was in Utah. SD and LA like to hold on to their prices. The guys in Utah negotiated better.

I saved about 3K buying in Utah.
Plane Ticket=$0
Gas=$66
10 hours of my time....

$66 or $3000.....pretty easy for me to pick.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:29 PM

No there are many around here in the LA/San Diego area. But the deal I wanted was in Utah. SD and LA like to hold on to their prices. The guys in Utah negotiated better.

I saved about 3K buying in Utah.
Plane Ticket=$0
Gas=$66
10 hours of my time....

$66 or $3000.....pretty easy for me to pick.
Yeah, $2934 upfront is pretty good. Don't forget to add in about 45-70 cents per mile for depreciation.
As far a the break in, I would stay away from any "high" speed (over 80) and leave the cruise control off. I would keep my speed varying pretty well constantly...enough to make sure it would be really annoying trying to follow you...lol.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:40 PM
1st Gear

Hey guys!

I've been a regular in the Porsche forums but I am a new Audi owner.

I needed a daily driver that will be getting 40K miles per year and I wanted something to enjoy driving and I fell in love with the A4 Avant but ended up with the 09 A4. Pretty excited about getting it on Friday! I fly out to Salt Lake City and drive it back to So Cal that day (ten hours).

It's a 2.0Q with Ipod, Homelink, and Bluetooth. I wanted the xenon but no luck in the price range I was willing to go.

Anyhoo, pics attached. Looking forward to seeing what this forum can offer for info! I think I might start a thread regarding high mileage since I might be up there in miles per day.....

Congrats! You can always upgrade the xeons when you have extra cash, search the forum, others have done so. And the long drive is the best break in you can give it, stay under 80mph and avoid going over 5K rpm...

Old 02-19-2009, 12:43 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by poppy
According to my dealer upon delivery, the best miles you can put on it with <1000 are highway miles. Stop and go is not prefered...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New owner intro. With pics!