B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

No power.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 02:04 PM
1st Gear
Default No power.

Hi guys. I’m brand new here and stuck. Good with cars but lost on this one. Replaced my wife’s dead battery yesterday as it died in the cold and now her car is doing this - starts up, revs strong in park but once it goes into drive it just doesn’t want to go until it hits like 3k rpm and then it zooms forward. Every stop I come to it’s the same. No power. Just rolling with a slight engine rev then off it jumps. I would appreciate any help on this. Thank you!

Old 01-04-2018, 03:00 PM
1st Gear
Default Codes read

Originally Posted by Meoli
Hi guys. I’m brand new here and stuck. Good with cars but lost on this one. Replaced my wife’s dead battery yesterday as it died in the cold and now her car is doing this - starts up, revs strong in park but once it goes into drive it just doesn’t want to go until it hits like 3k rpm and then it zooms forward. Every stop I come to it’s the same. No power. Just rolling with a slight engine rev then off it jumps. I would appreciate any help on this. Thank you!
So I read cylinder 2 misfire. Could that happen from a jump start or new battery? Still limping with a new spark plug. Once it’s in gear it gets no throttle. Put it in park and hit the gas and Rpms go right up. I’m lost

Old 01-05-2018, 08:34 AM
1st Gear

Cylinder misfire is usually a bad coil pack . Try pulling the #2 coil and put it in another cylinder. If #2 fails with another coil then you have a bigger problem. Try the easy fix first.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:46 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Cylinder misfire is usually a bad coil pack . Try pulling the #2 coil and put it in another cylinder. If #2 fails with another coil then you have a bigger problem. Try the easy fix first.
Thank you! Also I keep reading I have to do a ecm reset? Could that be what’s up?