B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

XCarLink Group Buy - Audi Multimedia Video Interface new Audi A4 A5 Q5 (B8)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Default XCarLink Group Buy - Audi Multimedia Video Interface new Audi A4 A5 Q5 (B8)

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.ph...3&cat=4&page=1

Name:  Diagram-audi-1.jpg
Views: 4281
Size:  59.2 KB

Features:

* Watch any Video source on your original Factory fitted Screen.
* Easily connect the interface to your Audi system, and select video source using the "Mode" button on your steering wheeel.
* PlUG AND PLAY ORIGINAL VEHICAL HARNESS INCLUDED (No need to connect seperate cables for 12V, ACC etc.
* De-interlacing video processing for PAL/NTSC/SECAM video with Automatic PAL/SECAM /NTSC selection Video to LVDS converter with frame rate converting.
* Frame buffer offers very stable timing to the panel even under poor video signal conditions.
* High quality video decoder provides 3-dimensional comb filter, and provides high quality video for RGB and AV inputs
* High quality image processor makes PAL/SECAM 625-line image displayed on AUDI original 240-line screen without picture distortion or line cropping
* Automatic switching to RGB-input if after market navigation is installed 3 AV inputs, camera input and high quality RGB input, with dip switches to disable each input Anti-audio-POP noise in audio input selection
* 2 RCA video outputs for rear seat entertainment

The kit includes the following:

* Multimedia Main interface
* Monitor connection cable
* Plug and Play orignal Harness
* All essential wires and connectors
* 3 X AV Input connectors (for connecting video source)
* Rear Camera Connection
* Audio Output cable
* RGBS for adding a Satellite navigation GPS unit
* User Manual

The Multimedia interface is an a plug and play vido interface, it works by allowing you to select the desired video source through the MMI on-screen options. Installation involves removing the original connector on the back of your MMI control box and connecting it to the interface, then connect the supplied from the video interface back into your Control box screen. Then connect 12v pwer, ACC and Ground and cable to the orignal connector at the back of your factory system. Simply connect the devices that you want to view on your satnav screen to the AV inputs. This inteface is desinged for Video sound is provided through your vehcles Aux input.

Money Back Guarantee

We have extensively tested this product and confident that it will work with all factory fitted systems in the car models listed below. You do not need have a factory installed TV tuner or have anything enabled by an Audi dealer. Nor do you have to have to have any optional extra’s installed when the car was ordered. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied or have any issues with compatibility you can return it to us for a refund.

Compatibility:
Compatible with Audi A4 (B8) 2008>
Audi A5
Audi Q5

All of the above without MMI. If your car has the Full MMI system (Identifed by controls behend the gearbox, you will require our MMI interface which is avaialble here:

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.ph...8&cat=4&page=1

Specification:

* BATT/ACC range : 7V~25V
* Power : 0.3A @12V
* Video input : 0.7V~1V Audio input : 0~5Vpp
* Audio output : 4Vpp max.
* Video input formats: PAL B.G.D.K.I / SECAM /NTSC
* Video output of the AV output connector has the same format as the video input.
* NAVI talkover : 0V~30V, trigger condition @>3V 3v >
* CAMERA wire : 0V ~30V, Trigger condition @>3V 3v >

Old 06-07-2010, 10:18 AM

PLEASE GET BACK TO ME ASAP, PREFERABLY THROUGH THIS THREAD SO I CAN GIVE THEM A BALLPARK # SOONER THAN LATER!

This is a multi-forum group buy so we should be able to get a decent deal on what, I think, is already a great deal! The unit retails for 153 EURO ($221 USD). I'm hopeful that we can get the # to below $200 w/free shipping w/enough people. Check out the links above for more info or let me know if you have any questions! I've spoken to a few people who already have the unit and they all LOVE IT! I was going to get it at retail, but figured I may as well get a few people on board and maybe save a few bucks in the process!!!

I'll get it started:

1.) ThePiombino
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)

Old 06-08-2010, 01:21 PM

Just received the following email from XCarLink:

Hi Chris,

That would be fine, as long as we are aware of the numbers in advance to setup the appropriate discount code. The discounts we can offer are as follows:

3 - 5 - £122.61

6 - 10 -£116.09

11+ £112.17

Above quote is in £GBP and excludes shipping cost of £11.87 per order.

Please let me know if you have any further queries on the above.

Many thanks

Old 06-09-2010, 12:51 AM

Price currently at $193.44 USD including shipping based on buyers from other forums. Get in on the love ASAP!

Old 06-20-2010, 05:15 PM

Would this be applicable for the Q7 version as well, if so I am interested.

Last edited by jemjem9999; 06-20-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by jemjem9999
Would this be applicable for the Q7 version as well, if so I am interested.
It is available for the Q7 as well. Unfortunately the group buy is over. You can contact them via their website and request they honor the price. Just tell them you were out of town and didn't have access to your PC at the time of the group buy. Reference "The Audi Forums" when you do it.