Default 2011 Audi A3 TDI w/Quattro

How long do I need to keep waiting to buy this car in the U.S?:
http://audi-a3.net/2011-audi-a3-tdi/

A. 6 months
B. 1 year
C. A lifetime

Old 09-04-2010, 05:50 PM
1st Gear

forever. i want one with a manual and quattro.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:23 PM

I hope this will helps you, I read in a magazine that it would be here summer 2011.If audi can keep his promise.That's a beauty my friend.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:49 AM

Okay, thanks. I can't wait that long. Maybe I could lease and upgrade in a year.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:45 AM
1st Gear

I waited two years hoping to get an A3 with quattro and a manual transmission! I am now driving my 2011 A3 TDI, with 6-speed automatic and front-wheel drive, in Germany (purchased through European delivery). I stopped by a dealership in Garmisch, and the car I wanted was sitting on the showroom floor!!!

Last edited by Birdgal5; 09-17-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Birdgal5
I waited two years hoping to get an A3 with quattro and a manual transmission! I am now driving my 2011 A3 TDI, with 6-speed automatic and front-wheel drive, in Germany (purchased through European delivery). I stopped by a dealership in Garmisch, and the car I wanted was sitting on the showroom floor!!!
So I guess you're saying that you just missed getting an A3 with Quattro and a manual transmission even though you had been in Europe. Was the car you saw in Garmisch the honest-to-god redesigned A3 with the new body or did it look the same as the one you already own? As far as I can tell the re-desinged A3 is not going to be available in the U.S. as a 2011 model until at least next spring. I don't get why they think they can call it a 2011 vehicle at that point in time.
The problem I have with the current "2011" model being sold in the U.S. is that the redesigned body looks so much better. Add to that the fact that there is no Quattro. I can hardly bear the idea of driving a hatchback anyway, but I'd be able to live with it because of the sexy new body re-design. I can't really wait until next spring, let alone 2012 for a possible A3 sedan. Audi hasn't seen fit to bring the A4 into the U.S. with the 2.0 L diesel like they're selling in Britain. An A4 with the 3.0 diesel is a non-starter because of its unnacceptable fuel econmoy. Bottom line, Audi couldn't be acting more timid than they are in spite of their huge advantage in the market.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:14 AM
1st Gear

My A3 is a USA-spec car, which I ordered back in April, before they even had prices available! It was built in June 2010, but it IS a 2011. None of the European A3's are of the new body style. In Germany, the A3 is available with three different diesel engines...a 1.6L and two 2.0L (140hp and 170hp). We decided not to wait, since Audi has been so flaky about bringing diesels in at all....and, our dealership (Sacramento CA) sells every one they get. But, they claim they only get 3 per month! I really wanted an A4 avant, with diesel and AWD....but, I must say, I really enjoy driving my Monza Silver A3 with the sport and Titanium packages....even in Germany, it turns heads!!! It has plenty of punch, and is getting 40+mpg, even with all the city and mountain driving I am doing. As far as the hatchback appearance goes, it really doesn't look much different than an A4 avant....except for the smaller rear window. Btw....they sell a smaller car here....an A1....which I would buy in a heartbeat! It is even available in two-tone colors! They are in every showroom, but I have only seen them on the road in Ingolstadt (Audi Central), where I picked up my A3 from the factory.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:02 AM

This will be my first Audi so I guess I'll hold out for the Quattro and new body style. Here in Seattle, you see Audi's everywhere you look, almost as often as you see a Toyota Prius. I've always hated the look of the Prius and now the Audi's look is beginning to bore me, even though the big grill Audi's look less boring than the older models. It's like too much dessert when you're surrounded by them everywhere. When I worked in Beverly Hills and had to watch Mercedes driving by all the time, it was the same feeling.
I'd like the A3s/A4s to look a little more progressive at this point (I currently drive a Saab). I think I like next years A3 with the new body style, but only if the pictures are accurate and the Quattro is also in the package with the largest (fast) diesel. If Audi can't sell that car in the the U.S., I might get an A1 (not boring) or hope for a Saab 9-5 diesel XWD (fat chance.) Both those cars would get 40 mpg or better.
If my Saab dies by the side of the road before next summer, then maybe I'll get a slightly used BMW 335d since it is quite fast with its twin turbos and dual-clutch automatic transmission even though there's no AWD and the BMW's also look somewhat boring to me. That diesel BMW only gets 36 mpg highway with its V6.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:13 PM

Here's another conception of what the new body will look like on the 2011.5. It's far from boring:
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/cg...i-a3-7073.html

Old 09-25-2010, 12:33 PM
1st Gear

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Audi A3 TDI w/Quattro