BMW is wayy better than Audi.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 11:42 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: BMW is wayy better than Audi.

I agree Techbod

Old 12-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

ORIGINAL: techbod

personal choice[:-] they are both German and well manufactured

[sm=lol.gif][sm=signs007.gif]

Old 12-21-2007, 02:24 PM
SoCal Crew Member

When it comes to BMW the only thing i would drive off of a dealership isDinan model. now THOSE are unique. And they sound so damn amazing. Sorry but i work in Television News and every ****** Facking anchor and reporter i work with seem to think that BMW is a unique vehicle to own, i could never own a car that ignorant people automatically think to buy when they make some money.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:59 PM
1st Gear

Sometimes there does seem to be a cultural barrier between audi and BMW. Especially in the branding part. Some people wonder what Audi stands for, or what BMW stands for. I think its a question of which German machine you perfer driving. I wonder which consumers each companyis targeting?

Old 12-28-2007, 06:32 PM
2nd Gear

I love them both. I have had the opportunity to drive all three and I can say that they all appeal to a different part of me.

Kind of like puttins Jessica Alba vs. Jessica Biel vs Jenna Jameson. they all do it for me in one way or the other.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:21 PM
1st Gear

I use to own a 2005 BMW X5 and i must say it was a sweet ride. But the up keep on it was high as f#ck. My cost of car ownership was almost cut in half since I got the Audi. Glad I made the switch. If I had the money for a 50k-60k price tag caralong with the cash for the cost of ownership, I would choose an AUdi S5 over the BMW 335xi or whatever bimmer comparable.The look and feel of the S5 is just all sooo sweet.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:30 PM
1st Gear

I like Audi because they have designs that can't be beat in my opinion. Much of the new BMW looks overdone to my likings, but Audi still has the sleek clean styling that always interested and cought my eye. Plus you can't argue with AWD.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:53 PM
1st Gear

I would definately take a Jessica Alba off the lot, no comparison needed thank you

Ahem... Anyway... As for cars, I really do like my Audi. BMW is just a tad too rich for me, and if I wanted a solidconnection to the road, I would be sitting in a Lotus Elise. Audi gives me that smile on my face, you know the one, the "hold on, you are in for a ride" smile. Mercs really have never done anything for me, but back when I was a wee lad, those diesel engines sounded like a big truck engine, so I wanted one. Then I turned 6.

Audi really nailed the performance/luxury balance point for me, I guess thats why I'm an Audi customer and not BMW or Merc. Then again, the Audi stealership is right down the road from me, the nearest BMW that I know of is a couple hours away. Not a journey I want to have to make for service. Actually I think there is a really sketchy stealership downtown that does Mercs and BMWs, along with Porsches and the such. I'd rather drive the 2 hourswith an empty radiatorthan go there though. Sketchy I say.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:23 AM
2nd Gear

I personally love Audi and BMW. They both have pros, and they have cons. When you think about it, Audi is like the middleground between Mercedes and BMW. Mercedes is about class and luxury first and foremost. BMW primarily sets out to offer a great driving experience. Audi fits comfortably between the two. They aren't quite as luxurious as Mercedes, but they're sportier and cheaper. They aren't quite as pure and fun to drive as BMW's, but they're more practical and elegant. So it all comes down to personal tastes. There really is no way to say one is better than the others. Audi is my personal pick out of three, but that by no means dismisses the impresiveness of the other two brands. Mercedes has some incredible cars. As does BMW. All three manufacturers are successful because they're all a little different, and they offer their respective customers exactly what they want. That's the beauty of the automotive world. Personally, if I won the lotto, you can expect to see a Benz SL65, an Audi R8, and a BMW M5, all three in my garage....

Old 01-25-2008, 12:53 AM
2nd Gear

[quote]ORIGINAL: redsox12

All wheel drive - Advantage:Audi - Quattro - Audi has been doing AWD for alot longer than BMW, at least inUS.(A few friends have had issues with xdrive)

Driver Experience - Advantage: BMW. Although Audis engage the driver in an involving experience, BMW offers better connectivity between road and human

Looks - Advantage: Audi. In my optinion, Audi has nailed interior, and particularly exterior looks in this category, just easier on the eyes.
These are just some of my opinions. But don't submit this question to Car & Driver, they are so biased towards BMW

Actually, the RS4 within the last year or two beat the M3 in a comparo. Of course they asterisked it by saying "wait until the next-gen M3 comes out." C/D is a driver's mag and they always have alot of good things to say about Audis, but it always, for them, comes down to driver feel and involvement. Audi and MB fall short in this. MB is great in a straight line, but try to run it through the twisties and your done. Audi is refined, handle great, but lacked the power to keep up with MB and the BMW just was more fun to drive.

It is all subjective and comes down to how you drive, how MUCH you drive, and to some extent, how you want to be percieved. For a long but spirited commute, Audi or MB. For a quick run to the Polo club for martini's and cigars, the BMW. Criuse across country, MB. Long drive in the country, Audi. Weekend at the track, BMW. It is like owning different shoes for different occasions. You wear what suits you best. In a perfect world, we could own all three. And a Ferrari. For sprinting.

Quick Reply: BMW is wayy better than Audi.